Stands. Best and Worst

Robert Carr

Why can't I take my guitar everywhere??
We all have them, couldn't find a thread on it.

What stands do you use? Recommend? What do you not recommend? Why?

Personally I use Hercules Wood wallmounts, but interested to know what people use for their PRSi

I'm a big fan of the Ultimate Guitar Stands...

B0002BG2DQ-1-th.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Ultimate Guitar Stands...

B0002BG2DQ-1-th.jpg

Yeah! I've been using one of these for more than a decade. When we gig I take a larger Stack On tool box with all my cables, extra picks, extra tubes, etc. and this fits in there with all that stuff when folded up.

Hercules wall mounts here too. They're just the ultimate hanger as far as I'm concerned, automatically locks the guitar in with its own weight, lets go instantly when you lift up.

Their floor stands, however, I'm not convinced by. Hanging by the top makes them top-heavy and unstable compared to a more traditional stand where the butt-end of the guitar sits in it and has a nice low center of gravity.

Hanging stands like the hercules ONLY. Any other design is too easy for the guitar to be knocked off/over.

Worst stand I ever had was a triple version of those typical tripod, bent-neck stands. That thing was just begging to fall over. The single versions of those are bad enough for getting tipped.

Fittingly enough, I use the On Stage a-frame stands on stage. Very stable. Would take a heck of a whack to knock a guitar off one of those.

At home I generally use a Rock Stand five guitar rack and sometimes the a-frames. One of these days I'll get my guitars up on the wall. I like the idea of this slat wall design: http://diamondlifegear.com/guitar_hanger_mx.html?gclid=CKzViLT-0s8CFQyRaQodPZgBQg

Worst stand I ever had was a triple version of those typical tripod, bent-neck stands. That thing was just begging to fall over. The single versions of those are bad enough for getting tipped.

Fittingly enough, I use the On Stage a-frame stands on stage. Very stable. Would take a heck of a whack to knock a guitar off one of those.

At home I generally use a Rock Stand five guitar rack and sometimes the a-frames. One of these days I'll get my guitars up on the wall. I like the idea of this slat wall design: http://diamondlifegear.com/guitar_hanger_mx.html?gclid=CKzViLT-0s8CFQyRaQodPZgBQg

Hmmmm.....if I went to this hanger method I would have room for more guitars! Must check this out...........

Hmmmm.....if I went to this hanger method I would have room for more guitars! Must check this out...........

Yep, basically the same stuff they use in guitar stores to pack 'em in!

I have a vision of my acoustic in the middle facing straight, with my four electric guitars flanking it at a 45 degree angle.

I use a Hercules 5 guitar stand
264106.jpg
I've also got this stand, it's lightweight yet stable, holds my guitars (and my daughter's) very securely, more compact than it looks, fits nicely into a corner or nook. The spacing is adjustable, too. It even has little pick holders on the neck hooks. To get a better stand you almost have to spend double what this goes for.

I am interested in getting a compact single-guitar stand to use in my bedroom though, and I was looking specifically at the Cooperstand. Has anybody tried one of those?

My Hercules single stand is good, as are my 3 Hercules wall mounts.

However, my Hercules double stand is terrible. It's top heavy, which has resulted in being knocked over, damaging the neck of my S2. The legs are also difficult to move for transit. This will be sold.

Going back to my Quicklok 3 x Guitar stand that has a much lower centre of gravity.

Before I played PRS, I had a tough time finding a decent stand to fit my guitars.

Oh heavens to betsy, I searched high .....

......and low......

.....*butt* to no avail...............

....and then I found a couple built just for PRSi.

:D

Before I played PRS, I had a tough time finding a decent stand to fit my guitars.

Oh heavens to betsy, I searched high .....

......and low......

.....*butt* to no avail...............

....and then I found a couple built just for PRSi.

:D
Once again, Huggy wins the whole internet. :D

Back