'Standard' vs 'Singlecut' label on headstock of 'S2' Series Singlecuts

Levi Ramage

Hello, My name is Levi and I just joined this forum community. I am from south central Kentucky halfway between London and Bowling Green. Forgive me if this has been asked before but, I could not find clarification. I owned a 2018 S2 SC that had 'Singlecut' Wrote on the headstock. I ended up trading it to a gun and have been wanting to get it back ever since. I recently come across a 2015 S2 SC that I bought and its beautiful and in great condition but, It has 'Standard' on the headstock. I was just hoping to get some clarification on why the two different labels. and Also while I am at it, my 2015 has the bird inlays but my 18 had the dots. Which models had which? thanks for your time, and again forgive me if this has been talked about before.

Hi, Levi.

What @bodia wrote. The Standard SC has dots, an all-mahogany body (no maple cap) and the 'Standard' truss rod cover.

The Singlecut 'Custom' has a maple cap, bird fret inlays, and either the 'Custom' or 'Singlecut' truss rod cover (I think 'Singlecut' is correct.)

Back