Standard 22 with Single coils

CM Harris

Thinking of outfitting an S2 standard 22 satin with a pair of those humbucker-sized single coils. Like Fralin P-92s or Twangmasters. Has anyone else here attempted this?

I currently own a Mira semi-hollow, which I really love for its weight and neck and all-around quality. I also own a Jazzmaster for its sound and vibrato arm. But I really don't like to play it. The neck doesn't work for me (shape and scale probably) and it's two pounds heavier. I find myself always picking up the Mira but wishing it sounded more like the Jazzmaster. And the coil-split doesn't really get me close to the Jazzy. Just wondering if I could turn a Standard 22 into some sort of hybrid of these two.

Thanks for reading!

Never done it on a PRS, but I had a Tele Deluxe with Seymour Duncan Phat Cats (Humbucker sized P90s) and it was awesome. 100% recommend.

Oh, that's great! Good to hear. Thanks guys! Keep the recommendations coming!

I also have a set of these in a CE-24. I like the Kinman a tad better because they're noiseless. But, these sound awesome.

Sounds great. Always liked the looks of those too. (Ooh, black satin standard 22 with blackface lollars!)

I love my p-90 loaded guitar, such a unique sound.

If you don’t like them, its no hardship returning the guitar to its original form.

I think you won’t though, because they rock.

I love my p-90 loaded guitar, such a unique sound.

If you don’t like them, its no hardship returning the guitar to its original form.

I think you won’t though, because they rock.

I wonder why PRS doesn't load more of their line with them? The only thing on the reasonably affordable end seems to be that SE baritone.

The Fralin P-92s have been one of my favorite pickups for a long time. It makes me sad that I don't have a guitar with them in it right now.

Back