Standard 22 Re-finished?

Bit of a sad sight really, haha. But yes, if people want to conduct themselves like that it's not my problem! Just glad I probably saved myself a huge headache ;)

Yup... Haha. I think Facebook marketplace is a hard pass for me in general now to be honest! Hope you find a good one for yourself.

There are some experiences to be had through FB Marketplace - that's for sure . . . .

This was listed as mint condition. When I went to view it, it was filthy, there was some sort of putty smeared around the bridge posts, and it most definitely wasn't mint.

I got the price to where I thought it should be, and bought it.

Both bridge stud inserts were loose - fixed
New bridge studs
A damn good clean and a good set up
Eventually new pickups as I had them lying around
Now I have a lovely SE245 quilt that plays like a dream :)

FishmanSE.jpeg

There are some experiences to be had through FB Marketplace - that's for sure . . . .

This was listed as mint condition. When I went to view it, it was filthy, there was some sort of putty smeared around the bridge posts, and it most definitely wasn't mint.

New bridge studs

FishmanSE.jpeg
Oh god.. does sound typical. You got it looking peachy in the end though!! Absolutely loving those brass studs. Just hope the whole experience wasn't more hassle than it was worth, haha. Congrats :)

New bridge studs

FishmanSE.jpeg
I bought this Core Mira a couple of years ago. Owner had it listed as an SE, and in EXCELLENT condition. Photos were from a distance, so none of this showed up in his listing. If it had been more than $500 I woulda been really pissed when I got it.

HrXYZw7.jpg

3bXzGI9.jpg

u33ZpbC.jpg

Qbuk4IQ.jpg

W3yj1R4.jpg

XxA0Cpo.jpg

pB6uy13.jpg

ym7Iea9.jpg

jefsJG3.jpg

fSR6cBG.jpg

MczPfQJ.jpg

FdVTE3A.jpg

I bought this Core Mira a couple of years ago. Owner had it listed as an SE, and in EXCELLENT condition. Photos were from a distance, so none of this showed up in his listing. If it had been more than $500 I woulda been really pissed when I got it.

Jee-zus! Clearly that "EXCELLENT" was "in a certain person's opinion."

Damn, Bodia. That is miles from being excellent. If we applied the car trade-in-to-your-dealership analogy with the condition of that guitar, it wouldn't even rate a good. The only good of the situation is that you paid no more than $500 for it. Don't know how some sellers can so blatantly mis-represent their products.

Damn, Bodia. That is miles from being excellent. If we applied the car trade-in-to-your-dealership analogy with the condition of that guitar, it wouldn't even rate a good. The only good of the situation is that you paid no more than $500 for it. Don't know how some sellers can so blatantly mis-represent their products.
Tell me about it. Good thing it turned out to be a killer playing/sounding guitar.

Back