SS amp that takes pedals well

Yes, Quilter definitely. They're great, but not particularly cheap (but they're worth it).

Cheaper good options IMO would be to pick up a used Peavey from the late-'90s/early-2000's... I really liked those too--their cleans are solid/good. Their overdrive/distortion tones suck, but all sorts of pedals will work great over their base clean tone, so you just use the amp's clean tone anyway.

A used Sonzera 20 watt maybe, there are a few on reverb for decent prices.
In my experience they do great with pedals (I really like the clean channel on these especially for pedals)

Any decent SS amp should "take pedals well." You just need to be aware that you can't use the pedals in some of the same ways you might use them with a tube amp, and that the amp won't react the same way to the pedals that a tube amp does. But if you're just talking unity level, adding gain and voicing with a distortion pedal, and maybe a mild level/gain push OD for solos, then yeah they should do OK.

I'll play too, my vote is for the Orange Crush Pro 60. Great sounding clean channel and wide ranging drive channel. Takes pedals well in front and in the loop.

Back