Spruce Goose

staybobo

I'm wanting to order an Archtop II guitar with these specs:
  • 26" scale tuned D-D standard.
  • 3-5 piece Eastern Red Spruce top & back.
  • Quatersawn Sugar Maple neck & slab board w/12" radius & 50s c/50s soft v.
  • Santana headstock with sugar maple veneer.
  • Hercules inlayed in the truss rod cover.
  • Satin Oranglesicle swirl finish.
  • Moon side dots.
  • Goose in flight twelfth fret inlay
  • Hybrid piezo saddles w/archtop Ebony tailpiece.
  • 1 meg master volume & tone pots.
  • JCF preamp & treble booster.
  • Piezo mini toggle
  • PRS piezo jack assembly.
  • 3 way blade pickup switch.
  • black lampshade knobs.
  • TV Jones Ray Butts Full Fidelity Filtertron pickup set in chrome.
What are your thoughts on this design?

Last edited:
Now, that is a very original design. I love the goose in flight and the moon side dots ideas.

Sounds INCREDIBLY unique...and the thing that stands out to me most, is how are they gonna do moon side-dots??? (I know, Weird, Right??!!!)
(and neck sounds sweet!!! :p)

they used to do a doubleneck with exactly these specs up top and a solidbody 8-string bass on the bottom. paul says no one was buying them so they dropped it.

This build sounds incredibly creative. I would be interested to know what the consensus would be on the selection of spruce as the back material. I think you would lose critical neck joint support gluing the neck to spruce.

Any disadvantages of a Red Spruce multiple piece body? If you have any questions, recommendations, or improvements express your response below. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability

Any disadvantages of a Red Spruce multiple piece body? If you have any questions, recommendations, or improvements express your response below. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability

Why would you want a multi piece body? Is it like, a “hippie sandwich” type look you’re after?

If it were me, and I was after a spruce top at the PS level, I’d be digging for some crazy one piece top that I could slather in gold paint.

The reasoning behind the multi piece Red Spruce body & top is one is for strength, two is for accessibility to find smaller pieces of Red Spruce than larger, and three is pricing.

Last edited:
Back