Spotify

captdg

I am an old fogey. One of the youngsters on our vessel recommended Spotify to me, so I signed up. What has been your experience/what you know? I have downloaded songs and now I notice (like so much of everything else on the Internet) that Spotify has "Shoved" music on my playlist that Ive neither asked for nor been able to delete..Any ideas?

thanks

Dave

Hi Dave...

My 2 cents?

Spotify is useless!!

My friend swears by it....and I downloaded it at his suggestion. At first, the idea of 5 million or 10 million songs available for download was quite interesting. But sadly...you don't OWN any of it.

It sits inside your Spotify player, or streams...but once you give up your account, the tunes are gone.

I find myself using it to "test drive" artists I'm interested in. I'll listen to an album. If it's good...I sign into my iTunes account and buy it. I've given up the "download for free" crap. It's just theft, period. I pay for my music, but Spotify isn't MY music. It's just a giant juke-box

Apple is another can of worms, with their DRM...but it's fine for my purposes.

I hope this helps a bit...

Cheers.

Tony

Spotify is awesome. I've heard a ton of artists that I wouldn't have heard of otherwise. I don't download anything, I just stream music.

Back