Spline count for S2

Revstrings

First post, couldn't find what I was looking for and struck out with customer service... I want to purchase speed knobs for my s2 singlecut.

Any one know the exact spline count, coarse or fine?

Thanks

Should be the same as the SE models since the electronics are shared between them.
You can go on ebay and order import knobs and should be all ok. I've done that on the SEs (I dislike speed knobs and go for the hat style instead).

Should be the same as the SE models since the electronics are shared between them.
You can go on ebay and order import knobs and should be all ok. I've done that on the SEs (I dislike speed knobs and go for the hat style instead).

Thanks but I need the exact number count to order proper knobs. Tried taking pics to count the splines but image and eyes are too fuzzy.

Just get 'Merica spec knobs and you'll be good.

S2 guts are different from SE guts and they're made to fit the imperial spec PRS plastic.

Thanks l struck out trying to fit Gibson USA knobs. I got some info from one source who sells custom knobs he thinks the are 24 count, fine. I sent another email to prs customer service asking for the spline count again. His last response was we don't use that terminology (referring to spline count, I think) and said fine I suppose.

"Spline Count" does seem like an odd way to specify.

For one, they aren't splines, splines are flat at the top and 'square' in shape. The ridge things on knob shafts are more of a triangular tooth.

That said, the diameter would seem to be the most important dimension for fitting a cylindrical shape over the post.

Anyway, if you like, I can pull the knobs off a core I have and give you counts and diameter when I get home later today.

Can't you just count the ones on the pot on your guitar? That's where you want to put the knob anyway...

Can't you just count the ones on the pot on your guitar? That's where you want to put the knob anyway...
OP said he can't see in a pic and his eyes are fuzzy. Surely there are ophthamologists on here who have the correct equipment to do the counting.

OP said he can't see in a pic and his eyes are fuzzy. Surely there are ophthamologists on here who have the correct equipment to do the counting.
That is what young people are for.

Mark one of the points and use a tooth pick and ride the points around the shaft until you reach the mark again.

Not sure if this counts more as a "Forum Rule" or "An Announcement"?? :p

Welcome to the forums, but if you want some better results I'd consider moving this to a more appropriate area, such as PTC or Electric Guitars. I'd recommend PTC.

Back