Spent some Vela time today

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
I've been playing nothing but acoustic for the past few months. I got the bug to play electric today after seeing Blackberry Smoke last night. Grabbed the Vela and cranked it up a bit - JOY! It was like switching from an old comfy Cadillac into a Corvette.

In case anyone needed a reminder, I freaking love Velas.

It's funny for me because I have been playing nothing but electric, and a couple of weeks ago, committed to spending some time with my acoustics! It has been wonderful because the lighter touch I have developed on the electrics is flowing through and making play of the acoustics easier (cause I'm not trying to crush the fretboard with my fingers) and sound better!! I also love having nothing but the acoustic guitar sound and my voice to try and carry the song, it is a challenge (no flashy effects or processing to hide behind) but I am having fun with it!!!

I always come back to my reclaimed vela. I’ll pick up my other guitars and enjoy them. But every time i pick up my vela I get a big smile on my face. Such a sweet sound. Perfect feeling for me

I have a semi-hollow vela inbound right now. What are your favorite kinds of music to play on yours? Seems to be the most ‘working man’ style guitar PRS offers, so I’m thinking Americana/roots music will sound great with a Vela.

I think it is a Vela bridge pickup and "type D" neck and middle pickups in the S2 Studio. That Vela HB and the SC type D were made for each other. That combo is just killer sounding!

Edit - deleted a bunch of non-relevant self editorial stuff to stick closer to the OP, and add - it’s nice change up, isn’t it!

Last edited:
I've been playing nothing but acoustic for the past few months. I got the bug to play electric today after seeing Blackberry Smoke last night. Grabbed the Vela and cranked it up a bit - JOY! It was like switching from an old comfy Cadillac into a Corvette.

In case anyone needed a reminder, I freaking love Velas.
THAT’s my boy!

Aahzz I wan gonna PM you but I wanted to ask you what your thoughts are between the semi and solid body Velas...I have a semi but I play with gain was thinkin I need a solid...thoughts??

Which vela are you on the hunt for?
Something different, not one of the regular offerings. I had a “reclaimed”, loved it . Should have kept it. But that’s not what I am looking for. Damned GAS. I’ll know it when I see/ feel it. I love special runs or limited series guitars.

Aahzz I wan gonna PM you but I wanted to ask you what your thoughts are between the semi and solid body Velas...I have a semi but I play with gain was thinkin I need a solid...thoughts??

They're more similar than they are different, but any excuse to get a new Vela is a good excuse :). The solid does have a bit more bite to it, which does sound great with gain.

Back