Specs on the Tremonti I

DopplegangeR

I recently got bitten by gas considering I told myself to stop after getting a 594 for Christmas lol, but damn I think I might have to break that promise.

Anyway, I wanted to know the specs on the very first PRS Tremonti USA models that were produced in 2001-2004?? the one with the Tremonti 12th Fret inlay and adjustable stoptail. I want to know what the neck profile was. I remember reading it in a GuitarWorld buyer's guide in 2002, was suppose to have a wide fat neck as opposed to the latter Tremontis. I owned a Tremonti II a few years back with a wide thin neck and tremolo. But always wanted to get the one with the adjustable stoptail.

I remember they came with black and platinum finishes with a flame maple underneath, the natural binding showing the figured pattern. Is this always the case on them bindings?

I have seen some Tremontis that came out lately with flame tops and adjustable necks with jbirds, and the much anticipated baritones. They are stunning, but I guess I won't be able to afford them.

Any info is very much appreciated. Or post your Tremonti I too if you don't mind sharing.

Cheers!

The original was basically a hot rodded Singlecut. Wide Fat neck with the Tremonti pickups, locking tuners and adjustable stoptail. MOP birds instead of the abalone dots or birds. MOP purfling on the truss rod cover. Black or platinum and that was it.

Thanks for the info Garret!

I have seen a few platinums but they are outnumbered by the black ones. I'll look for that color, shot at the dark but yeah, should be awesome.

Back