Special Package on CU24/Signature - Sweet Switch AND Tone Pot

dubyen

Hello out there PRS owners. I am new to the forum but have owned one since 1990. My '89 Signature has a sweet switch and a tone pot and I've never seen another with both those controls. I bought it new and am sure it came from the factory that way. The factory hang tag says "Special Package." I have been wondering if it is a "one off." I tried to find out from PRS and they didn't have good records of the guitars they made back then, but no one could remember having made or shipped out one with both features. So I'm reaching out to forum users to see if anyone knows of another in existence. I look forward to corresponding with you.

The special package was available on any guitar at that time and included a wide-thin neck, up-routing and a tone control in place of the standard sweet switch. The original owner may have asked for the sweet switch to be installed as well. There were more custom options available in those days.

The special package was available on any guitar at that time and included a wide-thin neck, up-routing and a tone control in place of the standard sweet switch. The original owner may have asked for the sweet switch to be installed as well. There were more custom options available in those days.

Thanks ADP; very helpful. Mine also has the wide-thin neck and up-routing. I am the original owner but the dealer may have requested the special package. He had it in stock. I guess I should pick his brain too (Bizarre Guitar, Reno NV, same original owner, still going strong).

Still want to see pix of the Sig even if the question is answered. Come on Man

I once saw a factory-installed push-pull tone pot with an integrated Sweet Switch.

No pics to share. :(

Still want to see pix of the Sig even if the question is answered. Come on Man

Pix will be forthcoming after Christmas. Need to take some fresh ones. Thanks for your interest. And, really, the question hasn't been answered. I still haven't found another with the tone and sweet switch.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;180074 said:
I once saw a factory-installed push-pull tone pot with an integrated Sweet Switch.

No pics to share. :(

Was the push-pull tone pot acting as the sweet switch or was it separate? If separate, what did the push-pull feature do? What model PRS? Thanks for the info.

That looks fantastic, but I've never seen a sweet switch drilled at that place from the factory. Could it be that the tonepot was added later and the sweet switch changed position?
Did you buy it new? Also it is not clearly visible from the pics if there is a trem uproute.

That looks fantastic, but I've never seen a sweet switch drilled at that place from the factory. Could it be that the tonepot was added later and the sweet switch changed position?
Did you buy it new? Also it is not clearly visible from the pics if there is a trem uproute.

Yes, everything is original from the factory. Yeah, the sweet sweet switch is usually where the tone pot is. It's usually one or the other in that location. That's why I was wondering if anyone else had one like this or knew of any others in existence (see my original start to this thread). I did buy it new. There is a trem up-rout and it has the wide-thin neck.

I apologize for the poor pictures; I'm just getting into this forum and am learning as I go. I have other PRS's and will be posting more along other threads in the near future. Thanks to all for your comments.

Back