Special NGD! A gift from my wife!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Andrew Paul, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Andrew Paul

Andrew Paul The cat's meow

LOL. Thanks brother

bodia likes this.
  2. Andrew Paul

I take it you don’t like this model very much. Opinions vary, it works for me very well.

3. Andrew Paul

Thank you for your kind reply’s

4. Bowtiefanatc

Bowtiefanatc Confirmed Bird Snob

Looks absolutely fantastic! Love that fretboard!

Andrew Paul likes this.
  5. Rockmark

Rockmark New Member

Great guitar. Congrats.:)

Andrew Paul likes this.
  6. Solteroblues

Solteroblues New Member

beautiful!

Andrew Paul likes this.
  7. Glide-bpm

Glide-bpm We were small but we were slow...

Awesome! Congrats!

Andrew Paul likes this.
  8. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

Oh no, quite the opposite. I am totally enamoured with the idea of getting a Paul's Guitar. It's just that I have a SC594SH on back order, and I keep finding ways to spend what little extra dough I have (like the SC HB II I snagged recently), and I'd really like a Paul's in a finish other than Black Gold Wrap - it is a nice finish, but I have a P24 in Black Gold Wrap, and I like diversity in the color palette of my instruments. I "double dip" finishes only when the model is super-rare in availability and I find one for a ree-donk-u-lous price.

Like that SC HB II which is in Charcoal Burst - I have a PRS in Charcoal (my SE 277SH), so the "burst" variation is a little different, and it looks quite different in execution (the SC HBII has brown undertones from the wood). But SC HB IIs are not too terribly common, and I got it for a very nice price (IMHO). If it had been a higher price, I wouldn't have skipped over it.

Also, I promised myself I would buy fewer guitars this year, after a really good year for acquisitions in 2018, and I think I'm still doing OK.

If they come out with a Semi-Hollow Paul's at Experience 2020, my wallet / credit card will leave a super-heated trail burning through the atmosphere getting whipped out of my pocket so fast.

Andrew Paul likes this.
  9. Andrew Paul

I could see why you slow down LOL the P 24 is definitely on my bucket list. Do you have it stop tail or with tremolo? I was looking for the “right one”, like you I don’t wanna double up on finish colors too much if I can help it. This 2018 Paul’s guitar LTD is my first black old finish. But these TCI pick ups are incredible. I wonder how the new 594 with the 5815 LT TCI pickups are.

Not to tempt you but there is a 2019 Paul’s guitar at Sweetwater, their demo guitar for a reduced price with some blemishes finished in copper with an awesome flame top. Only reason why I didn’t want my wife to get me that one was because I wanted one of the LTD models that was limited to 100. Check it out: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PGT12--prs-pauls-guitar-10-top-copper?cond=PGT12d1

10. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

I have the trem version. It is shown in my current avatar.

Thanks for the link - looks pretty nice - but I shall avoid temptation until well after the holidays!

bodia and Andrew Paul like this.
  11. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Plugged In.

WOW. THE MEDULLARY RAY PATTERN ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE HEADSTOCK FACE IS TOP NOTCH. NOT BAD ONESIE TOP, NEITHER. THAT IS ONE WICKED AXE, BROTHER.

Andrew Paul and Black Plaid like this.