Special NGD! A gift from my wife!

There was one of these guitars at GC, used, listed poorly so it flew under the radar, going for a really good price (compared to MAP and other current used listings). But I just couldn't justify snagging it at the time (or even now, frankly).
I take it you don’t like this model very much. Opinions vary, it works for me very well.
Oh no, quite the opposite. I am totally enamoured with the idea of getting a Paul's Guitar. It's just that I have a SC594SH on back order, and I keep finding ways to spend what little extra dough I have (like the SC HB II I snagged recently), and I'd really like a Paul's in a finish other than Black Gold Wrap - it is a nice finish, but I have a P24 in Black Gold Wrap, and I like diversity in the color palette of my instruments. I "double dip" finishes only when the model is super-rare in availability and I find one for a ree-donk-u-lous price.

Like that SC HB II which is in Charcoal Burst - I have a PRS in Charcoal (my SE 277SH), so the "burst" variation is a little different, and it looks quite different in execution (the SC HBII has brown undertones from the wood). But SC HB IIs are not too terribly common, and I got it for a very nice price (IMHO). If it had been a higher price, I wouldn't have skipped over it.

Also, I promised myself I would buy fewer guitars this year, after a really good year for acquisitions in 2018, and I think I'm still doing OK.

If they come out with a Semi-Hollow Paul's at Experience 2020, my wallet / credit card will leave a super-heated trail burning through the atmosphere getting whipped out of my pocket so fast.

Oh no, quite the opposite. I am totally enamoured with the idea of getting a Paul's Guitar. It's just that I have a SC594SH on back order, and I keep finding ways to spend what little extra dough I have (like the SC HB II I snagged recently), and I'd really like a Paul's in a finish other than Black Gold Wrap - it is a nice finish, but I have a P24 in Black Gold Wrap, and I like diversity in the color palette of my instruments. I "double dip" finishes only when the model is super-rare in availability and I find one for a ree-donk-u-lous price.

Like that SC HB II which is in Charcoal Burst - I have a PRS in Charcoal (my SE 277SH), so the "burst" variation is a little different, and it looks quite different in execution (the SC HBII has brown undertones from the wood). But SC HB IIs are not too terribly common, and I got it for a very nice price (IMHO). If it had been a higher price, I wouldn't have skipped over it.

Also, I promised myself I would buy fewer guitars this year, after a really good year for acquisitions in 2018, and I think I'm still doing OK.

If they come out with a Semi-Hollow Paul's at Experience 2020, my wallet / credit card will leave a super-heated trail burning through the atmosphere getting whipped out of my pocket so fast.

I could see why you slow down LOL the P 24 is definitely on my bucket list. Do you have it stop tail or with tremolo? I was looking for the “right one”, like you I don’t wanna double up on finish colors too much if I can help it. This 2018 Paul’s guitar LTD is my first black old finish. But these TCI pick ups are incredible. I wonder how the new 594 with the 5815 LT TCI pickups are.

Not to tempt you but there is a 2019 Paul’s guitar at Sweetwater, their demo guitar for a reduced price with some blemishes finished in copper with an awesome flame top. Only reason why I didn’t want my wife to get me that one was because I wanted one of the LTD models that was limited to 100. Check it out: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PGT12--prs-pauls-guitar-10-top-copper?cond=PGT12d1

I could see why you slow down LOL the P 24 is definitely on my bucket list. Do you have it stop tail or with tremolo?
I have the trem version. It is shown in my current avatar.

Thanks for the link - looks pretty nice - but I shall avoid temptation until well after the holidays!

Back