Special 22

Stefan D

So this guy guy is selling a beautiful PRS Special 22. I was wondering what experiences people have with it.
How do the pick ups compare? Do they sound modern or vintage PAF like?
Also, there is no case candy included. It looks real to me, but I'm new and far from an expert.
Can anyone tell from these pictures?

35753318284_4c14695b8a_b.jpg

36588449315_cea42e7f27_b.jpg

36450714281_956ec90ba0_b.jpg

36191801640_93e2ed9d9e_b.jpg

Last edited:
I can't see the photos.

You have posted links to images that appear to be from Google Mail. the URLs all start with "//mail.google.com/mail/u/0" So I assume those are images you opened up from an email you received. We won't be able to see them, since we are not you.

You need to host them on a third-party site like Imgur or Flickr.

Oh sorry... I see them perfectly well :) Thanks. New attempt! I hope they are visible now in the above post.

Last edited:
The Special is a SWEET guitar , I almost picked up one the other day !!!
The center pickup is normally a Fralin and all the ones I have played were killer sounding.
Its a CU22 with a center pickup

Legit, with aftermarket switch tip and truss rod cover.

I'm not sure which pickups it has, but it looks pretty darn sweet!

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear. Pick-ups are listed as 245.
Let's see if I can get him to take something off the price. He's asking 2000 euro.

I have one. I really like it alot, lately it has gotten the most play time. The only thing I changed was that it is wired with a 5 way switch giving you the standard strap setup. I put in a 5 way superswitch so I could also get the neck and bridge pickups together.

Thanks for your responses everyone. Great community.
Does anyone in Europe know what these sold for new back in 2010? It's hard to find info on this.
I've talked the price down to 1800 euro. I found a few US retailers on the internet selling them second-hand for almost $2000.
I think PRS is a little more expensive in Europe than in the US, so I think 1800 euro is about right, correct?
Who am I fooling? I want that guitar ;-)

That's quite a reasonable price for a Core in Europe. Some of the more expensive USA Standards (all hog, no maple cap) go for roughly that price. In my mind, you are getting a bargain.

That's quite a reasonable price for a Core in Europe. Some of the more expensive USA Standards (all hog, no maple cap) go for roughly that price. In my mind, you are getting a bargain.
Yeah, I think he has a little trouble selling it without the papers and case candy. It's been up for sale for a while. But I don't buy a guitar to re-sell it. I always hope to have it forever because it's my favourite guitar. I just don't hope it's stolen and I run into the previous owner :)
I'm going to give it a test drive next weekend. I'll let you all know what came of it.

Back