Spec Your Artist Package

justmund

Plank Spanker
So those that aren't in the position to pull the trigger right now on a new guitar, spec your dream Artist Package here. Slightly more realistic than a PS, and with more boundaries, but I bet there's some cool combos to be had! Post some reasons why and your expectations of the axe.

I'm thinking:

Studio
Maple Neck
Ebony Board & veneer/TRC (I'm in Aus, so BRW is out, maybe...)
Uncovered 59/09 (they look great with the Narrowfields)
Livingstones Lemondrop w/Natural back
Flame top (which is off for me, usually I like quilts but I think flame would work best with this colour/PU combo)

I reckon it would one versatile axe, the maple/ebony combo would give the NFs some real snap and clarity and teamed up with the 59/09, you could cover some serious sonic territory. I've got the same PU combo in my SE, and going back and forth between that and the NF3, I notice the SE is just a little... duller... This combo, IMO, would rock.

Damn I just gave myself GAS.

Next?

SC 245
Flame Top
Mahogany Neck
Brazilian Fretboard/Veneer/TRC
Covered 57/08
All Nickel Hardware
Abalone w/ Natural Back

Oh god. Beef on Beef on Beef.

Last edited:
Singlecut Trem
24 frets
Flame Top- Red Tiger finish
Korina back
Mahogany neck
Ebony fingerboard
fencesitting between SC250/Dragon and HFS/PRS 7 bass
Nickel Hardware
Trem up route

Always wanted a singlecut to shred the living daylights out of...

I spec'd one that arrived last fall.

SC58
Flame top
Mahogany Neck
Ebony board
53/10s
Burnt Almond

Uriel.jpg

So those that aren't in the position to pull the trigger right now on a new guitar, spec your dream Artist Package here. Slightly more realistic than a PS, and with more boundaries, but I bet there's some cool combos to be had! Post some reasons why and your expectations of the axe.

I'm thinking:

Studio
Maple Neck
Ebony Board & veneer/TRC (I'm in Aus, so BRW is out, maybe...)
Uncovered 59/09 (they look great with the Narrowfields)
Livingstones Lemondrop w/Natural back
Flame top (which is off for me, usually I like quilts but I think flame would work best with this colour/PU combo)

I reckon it would one versatile axe, the maple/ebony combo would give the NFs some real snap and clarity and teamed up with the 59/09, you could cover some serious sonic territory. I've got the same PU combo in my SE, and going back and forth between that and the NF3, I notice the SE is just a little... duller... This combo, IMO, would rock.

Damn I just gave myself GAS.

Next?

THIS! It would be like a PRS super Strat, and I love ebony fretboards. Someone should do a special run like this, ha.

I LOVE the idea of the new artist guitars. Allows customers the choice of many commonly asked for specs (ebony boards, maple necks etc) and killer woods while not stepping on the PS program's toes. Hopefully they keep this artist package program going for awhile because while I want to order one bad, it just isn't in the cards now. That said, I have thought up 3.

1) Custom 22: adjustable stoptail, 5909's, Flame top, maple neck, ebony board and charcoal.
2) Tremonti: Maple neck/board combo, flame top and yellow tiger.
3) Tremonti: Maple neck, ebony board, flame top and charcoal.

The artist package options really are great. They had an artist program going for a while a few years back, and the options were essentially limited to a nicer top, hardware, and trim. This is much, much better.

I love the guitar I got. It's a tone monster.

There are a LOT of awesome options available. I wonder how long it takes from order till delivery?

SC58
Flame top
Mahogany Neck
Ebony board
53/10s
Burnt Almond

Uriel.jpg

Les... that is a real winner! Love the ebony boards and it's not bad to look at either! I think mine would be very similar:

SC245
Quilt Top
Mahogany neck
Ebony board
Nickel hardware
Covered 59/09's (<----- I know, I know, cheating...)
Black Gold Wrap
And looking at Les' axe there, and thinking how good it would look, I might just throw a set of rosewood knobs on there when I got it.

Thanks, guys...it's not only badass looking, its tone kicks some serious booty!

Just a HUGE sounding guitar! Gobs of sustain, great for soloing.

Last edited:
I'm taking the PRS plunge for the first time, and I'm expecting my guitar sometime around the end of this month. Here's how she'll break down:

Artist 408MT
Flame top
Hybrid hardware (stop tail)
Rosewood neck
Rosewood fretboard
Rosewood headstock veneer
Charcoal Burst

Granted, there aren't as many Artist package options available with the 408, but my-oh-my are those 408 pickups worth it!

SC58
Flame top
Mahogany Neck
Ebony board
53/10s
Burnt Almond

Uriel.jpg

Damn Les, is that yours too? Another stunner. We have very similar tastes in guitar looks I think, although the Turquoise colors (Like that little gay clock in the background LOL!!!) always ends up #1 with me.

That dream came true last fall for me as well:

HBII
Flame Maple top&back
Amber Black finish
Indian Rosewood Neck
Ebony Fretboard
Nickel Hardware
53/10 Pickups
IMG_0345.jpg

That dream came true last fall for me as well:

HBII
Flame Maple top&back
Amber Black finish
Indian Rosewood Neck
Ebony Fretboard
Nickel Hardware
53/10 Pickups
IMG_0345.jpg

Holy smokes! :adore: Who needs PS when PRS is putting out pieces like some of the ones in this thread. That thing is SICK! Great to see PRS is putting out absolute top shelf guitars without the need to go PS.
VERY VERY VERY VERY GOOD!!!!

Damn Les, is that yours too? Another stunner. We have very similar tastes in guitar looks I think, although the Turquoise colors (Like that little gay clock in the background LOL!!!) always ends up #1 with me.

Thanks Tag, it's a cool guitar, beautiful sound, really. A bit heavy, but has the tone. I'm pretty boring when it comes to color, usually the earth tones, etc.

I like your turquoise guit! A player at your level should have something that really stands out.

At my level, well, it's good to hide behind the amp! Haha!

Back