Speaking of BBQ...Pork or Beef Ribs

38Roars

Bless the Blues
Although I am a fan of both, nothing comes close to Texas Beef Ribs!

I wish I could make an animated GIF-like loop of audio where I sing you guys the bass line to the Pork song.

My 4 year old daughter knows it, I hear her singing it sometimes.

Plenty of good spots to get ribs in STL. I just had a slab with a double order of broccoli for lunch. Eat your veggies kids.

So who wants to educate the Australian?

Got a recipe for some BBQ ribs? I had some baby back ribs when I was in the US (because of Fat Bastard from Austin Powers) and yeah, they were pretty good! Possibly too much sugar in the sauce for me, but they were darn tasty!

About to put my weekly meat order in, maybe I'll get me some ribs!

So who wants to educate the Australian?

Got a recipe for some BBQ ribs? I had some baby back ribs when I was in the US (because of Fat Bastard from Austin Powers) and yeah, they were pretty good! Possibly too much sugar in the sauce for me, but they were darn tasty!

About to put my weekly meat order in, maybe I'll get me some ribs!

I guess you didn't go to outback steakhouse while you were here? LOL

I think this place makes some nice Cue and I'm pretty sure they'll ship bottles of sauce. http://www.hogsfly.com/

haha no... I went to a LongHorn Steakhouse, it was near the hotel I was staying at. Thanks for the tip!

Got a couple of pounds of freerange pork spare rib on the way, let's hope the missus doesn't like them...!

Ok... Here is the deal....
Starts with This...
beefribMG_0620_zpsaa112619.jpg

Ends with This...
BeefRibIMG_3817_zps056a9645.jpg

BEEF

I don't dig on no swine. No religion or nothing like that. My uncle owns a hog farm in Kansas, they are just filthy animals. I can't eat anything that willfully, and joyfully, rolls around in it's own crap.

Last edited:
Start with this

CFBDA5FF-A193-4AD0-A5C9-CF48C83E607B-298-000000114609E2FF_zps206ba446.jpg

4 1/2 hours later end up with this
F39F5780-5E3D-45F1-8CEB-FB9574C6CE4C-298-000000115BA7BA95_zps6b60cbd7.jpg

And all the meat just falls off like this
88CDA326-41DF-4464-B05A-E5F9C35D9632-298-000000116EB0FA71_zps1dab3e2c.jpg

Gotta be the pork. I tried beef ribs in Texas, but there's nothing like fall-off-the-bone pork ribs.

justmund...low and slow...that's the key. Well, that and a good rub.

Hey cjmwrx - interesting stance on pork... out of interest do you insist on freerange beef?

No, but I do insist on grass fed beef. Corporate slaughter yards are disgusting. Unless they are using designs by Temple Grandin, I avoid their meat like the plague. THANK GOD, I have a Schnuck's close. They are VERY specific about the meat the sell, and are one of the only butchers/meat markets endorsed by PETA. Not, that I give a flying f&*k about that, but it does let me know what kind of Yard my beef is coming from.

Ah I see the US doesn't use the term "free range" for beef, but instead "grass fed" is our equivalent. I think it's very important that we choose where our meat comes from, especially after watching "Food Inc" the other night. Man, some of that stuff is crazy! Like you said, disgusting. 97% of US meat comes from feedlots:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/11/23/drive-for-grass-fed-beef/

I like how they say "conventionally raised" because it's totally conventional you take a plain roaming animal and stick it in a pen with a 1000 others and feed it food it's not supposed to be eating.

Good thing we're all becoming aware of this, and are being empowered to do something about it. Even Wal-Mart push organic produce! (sorry for the derail, I feel pretty strongly about this stuff!)

Back