Speaking of BBQ...Pork or Beef Ribs

Ah I see the US doesn't use the term "free range" for beef, but instead "grass fed" is our equivalent. I think it's very important that we choose where our meat comes from, especially after watching "Food Inc" the other night. Man, some of that stuff is crazy! Like you said, disgusting. 97% of US meat comes from feedlots:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/11/23/drive-for-grass-fed-beef/

I like how they say "conventionally raised" because it's totally conventional you take a plain roaming animal and stick it in a pen with a 1000 others and feed it food it's not supposed to be eating.

Good thing we're all becoming aware of this, and are being empowered to do something about it. Even Wal-Mart push organic produce! (sorry for the derail, I feel pretty strongly about this stuff!)

Good article, and accurate on the facts.

Really, it's all about the rub and the sauce. Salt Lick BBQ, outside of Autsin. OMFG

BEEF

I don't dig on no swine. No religion or nothing like that. My uncle owns a hog farm in Kansas, they are just filthy animals. I can't eat anything that willfully, and joyfully, rolls around in it's own crap.

Vincent: Want some bacon?
Jules:
No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent: Well why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Yeah but bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf****r. Pigs sleep and root in sh!t. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent: How about a dog? Dog eats its own feces.
Jules: I don't eat dog either.
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherf***in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

Last edited:
I like how this forum blocks out sh_t but not motherf____r!
It blocks sh!t. Try spelling it without the exclamation point.

I don't think it can anything about all the bullish!t but the proper spelling is certainly bleeped.

And motherf***er is on its way out.

Oh... and BEEF ribs. But I'll eat either.

Oh yeah I just didn't spell it properly so you could see the word I was talking about :)

Strange how you can't block wildcards, like *f__k*?

On a totally related topic, I'm seeing Parliament this Monday. Shut yo mouth!

Prefer beef, but do respect pork. Very hard to find top-quality smoked beef ribs around me tho.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;55879 said:
Vincent: Want some bacon?
Jules:
No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent: Well why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Yeah but bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf****r. Pigs sleep and root in sh!t. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent: How about a dog? Dog eats its own feces.
Jules: I don't eat dog either.
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherf***in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

HAHA Think about that every time this conversation comes up. Great scene from a great movie.

I will admit I do eat a nice pulled pork sandwich if it's all that's available. Smother that **** in sauce!

Ok now I'm really hankering for some ribs! How's this recipe?

http://paleospirit.com/2011/dry-rubbed-barbecue-pork-ribs-paleo-style/
Looks similar to Alton Brown's recipe, if I remember correctly.

Smoking and slow roasting is the way to go for sure, but there are other ways if you don't have all that equipment. I make mine by boiling them in a mixture of cola and beer, with a ridiculous amount of soy sauce and liquid smoke and some spices, then finish on the grill. It might sound like sacrilege but it's really awesome.

Last edited:
OK did a dry rub, I'm going to leave them overnight "marinating" then the missus can chuck them in the oven 4 hours before I get home. I'll finish them off on the BBQ and then see about eating me a pound or more of meat!

Back