Spare guitars to gigs?

I've also had people fall/step/walk on my pedalboard and break my pedals too. .
Hahaha! Dude, I've body-blocked several drunks from stomping on my pedalboard! Even body slammed some staggering drunk chick as she careened toward our spare guitars on stands. All of the near mishaps were at venues without risers/stages, so that seems to be a good physical barrier...like chicken wire! :biggrin: (don't laugh, we've played several places where the remains of chicken wire are still in place)

Maybe be we should play better venues? :dontknow:

Last year at a gig as I left the stage a drunk guy got up and picked up my cu24 and started playing air guitar with it. I just happened to turn around to see that. I was furious! I took guitar away from him and some people threw him out of the bar. He was stupid drunk and they told me he tried to fight the guys that threw him out.

Hahaha! Dude, I've body-blocked several drunks from stomping on my pedalboard! Even body slammed some staggering drunk chick as she careened toward our spare guitars on stands. All of the near mishaps were at venues without risers/stages, so that seems to be a good physical barrier...like chicken wire! :biggrin: (don't laugh, we've played several places where the remains of chicken wire are still in place)

Maybe be we should play better venues? :dontknow:

HA! CHICKEN WIRE! I've played some sketchy places, but I've never seen chicken wire!

Do you sing? How many bloody lips have you had from drunk girls crashing over the monitors into your mic stand?!?

I wouldn't trade it for the world though!

HA! CHICKEN WIRE! I've played some sketchy places, but I've never seen chicken wire!
Man, do I have stories! Not only did this place used to have chicken wire, but there was a huge fight and 20+ cops showed up. This place was awesome!! Here we are enjoying the hell out of the entertainment and taking advantage of the police cars' blue light for photographic impact. A Couple great band photos:
hacienda-band.jpg

hacienda20.jpg

I wouldn't trade it for the world though!
Amen, brutha!

Last edited:
I DEFINITELY take at least one back up guitar, usually two. When my sonic/daphne blue strat was my #1, I would take another 62ri Strat with Chubtone 62's which are fairly similar to the Lollar Blondes in the #1 strat, and either a third strat or then the SE Custom 24 when I snagged that in 2007/8. After really getting to like the SE, I bought a US Custom 24 in May; so now the SE Goes as the backup, and the strat will at least make the car ride.

Unlike Les, I have had several amps fail at shows! Back in 1998 our percussionist knocked my JCM 800 head off of my cabinet AND the stage; a Fender Twin Amp that I had before that had its circuit board fry; and most recently I had a drunk girl dump an entire drink INTO my Tone King Comet. Now I bring a small amp as backup, an Orange Crush 15 for a while, and now a Vox AC4-12.

I've also had people fall/step/walk on my pedalboard and break my pedals too. An EH Microsynth, a Barber Direct Drive, a Line 6 DL4, and a Vox Valvetone all in the last year.

You are starting to make me nervous! I bring looping machines to gigs (I use the loops as backing tacks - nothing looped live - at least not yet). Chicken wire is in order...

Oh Yeah. I alsways bring a spare. Usually my SG. I've got it down to about less than 5 seconds to throw on another guitar, if a string decides to take the night off. :D

Back