Soundcheck

swede71

Tja ba!Läget?
What's your reference licks or riffs you play when trying out a new guitar or pickups.Mine were for many years Shock me-Kiss for classic rock and Lenny-SRV for strattier sounds.Now it has changed to Crazy nights-Loudness for distortion,Daydream-Robin Trower for strattier sounds and Bedroom eyes-Yngwie Malmsteen or Freedom-Jimi Hendrix for blues rock sounds.My DGT pass the test Absolutely perfect. :)

Last edited:
Living After Midnight. Judas Priest
Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy
Rock & Roll - Led Zeppelin

Mostly just certain parts, but here goes:

Black Dog-LZ
Lenny-SRV
Yellow Ledbetter/Dissedent-PJ
Red House/Wind Cries Mary-JH
Europa-CS
Mountain Song/Pigs in Zen-JA

I have a handful of progressions and riffs that I use when testing out new guitars and amps and when I'm sound checking/warming up for a gig. These are of my own writing but I've been doing them for so long that I know how they sound in my head and on my rig.

As for actual songs, I use "Gimme Three Steps" for whatever reason. I get funny looks when I play it clean or at high gain, but that song can tell me a lot about an amp, or a guitar, or the tonality of pickups,speakers, etc.

I rarely play a cover when I try out a guitar, some jazz chords, some power chords, clean lead, distortion lead, that's all I need to know how it will perform.

Yeah, I have a ... scale? lick? run? Not sure what to call it -- a thing I play, some scales some chords...

If I'm in a guitar shop I usually play some jazz chords and scales. My mind goes blank and i forget that I know any songs. However, my P245 has passed the at home test for some time now ;)

Back