Sound like Metallica with an Archon

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
KHDK Kirk Hammett Ghoul Screamer OD - The Gear Gods Review
He has been using the Archon now for several months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a REALLY versatile take on the TS platform. I've never been a TS fan, but I feel like I could utilize this more to my liking. That said, I don't boost my Archon high gain sound much(aside from an EP booster in front at times). But I do like the options this pedal seems to give.

Who wants to get Kirk's tone? I could see wanting to sound like James....

I'm surprised Mesa Boogie has never offered a Hetfield signature amp. He played what looked like a custom rectifier at the opening of a Giants game a while back...

471999340-metallica-gear-before-the-national-anthem-at-gettyimages.jpg

I believe he mostly runs a biamped setup with a Rectifier and a Triaxis...or perhaps something else....

I'm surprised Mesa Boogie has never offered a Hetfield signature amp. He played what looked like a custom rectifier at the opening of a Giants game a while back...

471999340-metallica-gear-before-the-national-anthem-at-gettyimages.jpg

I believe he mostly runs a biamped setup with a Rectifier and a Triaxis...or perhaps something else....

Eenteresting...!

I've read on the Fractal Audio forum about how Metallica has gone in for the Axe-FX II for touring. Apparently they're not complete converts, since those are tube amps unless I'm catastrophically mistaken.

And a very nice looking custom rectifier it is, too. I maintain that Jaymez has the better taste of the two!

Looks like a REALLY versatile take on the TS platform. I've never been a TS fan, but I feel like I could utilize this more to my liking. That said, I don't boost my Archon high gain sound much(aside from an EP booster in front at times). But I do like the options this pedal seems to give.

I was never and advocate of the TS platform until I used an Earthquaker Devices Palisades. Wow. The versatility is amazing.

My primary dirty tone is with a PRS Custom 24 (59/09's) through a 3-channel Dual Rec with the Palisades at clipping setting 1 and bandwidth setting 4. Crushing.

Back