Sorta NGD in the works

Going to try and post some pics, but I no longer have a host site, if AOL mail does not count. Anyhow...
My dealer just got in a Lunar Ice SilverSky. Had to give it a go, so earlier today I went over to check it out.

When the instagram teaser came out I was excited because in that photo I saw what looked like a purple metallic finish. We all know that turned out to be Lunar Ice. I did not jump on the bandwagon because of all the hype and it was the flip flop finish thing again. I decided to wait on the satin moc sand to hit and then the Lunar Ice showed up. I have played several SS unplugged and was pleased with the way they felt and the usual PRS high standard of fit and finish.

The Lunar Ice is a beautiful guitar. I plugged it in and quickly understood the sonic difference from a strat. I love it and soon it will come home with me. They are being so kind in holding it for me so I will keep my word and bring it home with a formal NGD in this thread when I do. As I expected when this guitar was released, many of the haters would be converts and it has proven to be true. Spending time with this guitar, I see why it is popular. John and Paul really hit the mark. If you hate strats, you should give one a try. The only thing they have in common is a similar appearance and technical DNA. Sound, and PRS quality separate it from there on. I came home and played my strat and felt and heard the difference. I will keep the strat for sentimental reasons.

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

thumbnail

Last edited:
Going to try and post some pics, but I no longer have a host site, if AOL mail does not count. Anyhow...
My dealer just got in a Lunar Ice SilverSky. Had to give it a go, so earlier today I went over to check it out.

When the instagram teaser came out I was excited because in that photo I saw what looked like a purple metallic finish. We all know that turned out to be Lunar Ice. I did not jump on the bandwagon because of all the hype and it was the flip flop finish thing again. I decided to wait on the satin moc sand to hit and then the Lunar Ice showed up. I have played several SS unplugged and was pleased with the way they felt and the usual PRS high standard of fit and finish.

The Lunar Ice is a beautiful guitar. I plugged it in and quickly understood the sonic difference from a strat. I love it and soon it will come home with me. They are being so kind in holding it for me so I will keep my word and bring it home with a formal NGD in this thread when I do. As I expected when this guitar was released, many of the haters would be converts and it has proven to be true. Spending time with this guitar, I see why it is popular. John and Paul really hit the mark. If you hate strats, you should give one a try. The only thing they have in common is a similar appearance and technical DNA. Sound, and PRS quality separate it from there on. I came home and played my strat and felt and heard the difference. I will keep the strat for sentimental reasons.
Yes they are great guitars. You have to upload your pics to a site and then post the link on this site. I use imgure.com

Back