Sophie Burrell's new band debuts

As I said in another thread, they’re trying to make her suitable for European radio play.

Trying to reach the “young crew”.

Nothing wrong with that, hopefully more young people will discover PRS.

Something about her never really clicked with me. I tried watching her YouTube videos on multiple occasions but could never finish them. She just seems like another opportunist YouTuber whose talent is largely underwhelming. To each their own, I guess.

I think the production - especially the vocal production - hurts it. It's a bit like Halestorm w/o the edge. I think there's potential there, it's just not presented as well as it could be.

I think the production - especially the vocal production - hurts it. It's a bit like Halestorm w/o the edge. I think there's potential there, it's just not presented as well as it could be.

“European” mix, softening her a bit, making her acceptable to the mainstream market (I think).

That's what I was thinking. Her voice is pleasant, but what they seem to be going for is grittier than that. At least I think it is...

I liked her tranquility song video and moderate rock style on PRS Guitars Europe Artist of the Month series.

I think I've caught her on youtube a few times. Her music ain't my cup of tea, but she's a decent player. Its always a good thing to see more gals playing guitar, and hopefully stuff like this inspires other girls to take up the instrument.

Speaking of girl guitarists...today I binged some tracks from Sister Rosetta Tharpe. Damn, she was a boss. She deserves so much recognition for her contribution to the invention of rock.

Back