Sooo...no one's talking about the Archon?

Andy80

Probably because it just came out ;)

http://www.prsguitars.com/archon/

Based on the sound clips, which sound pretty fantastic, this amp bears a lot of similarity to a Bogner Shiva or maybe a scaled down Ecstasy.

The clean sounds great, and the dirt sounds really good too. Hearing Tremonti play "blackbird" on one of the demo clips, it sounded quite close to the album version.

So what's the catch? Anyone have thoughts on this amp?

Last edited:
At that price I see a ton of Archons being picked over a Mesa. If I didn't already have a Custom 50 I'd get one.

At that price I see a ton of Archons being picked over a Mesa. If I didn't already have a Custom 50 I'd get one.

I agree. I'm planning to replace my Uberschall TJ with it. I love the hot rodded Marshall tones it can get on the clean channel of the TJ but I have other amps that can do that. I'm hoping this has the clean tone of the H or the Dallas along with good high gain metal tones. If it can get close to the next tier of higher gain amps like Deizel or Bogner at this lower price point, I think they have a winner.

There's two other threads about this. One is like 8 pages.

They'd be longer, but everyone has been buying the amps. :wave:

They'd be longer, but everyone has been buying the amps. :wave:

Yeah.. They're already over it...that sh!t happened.. like yesterday? They're moving on to pushing their agenda of extra-stringed metal guitars now.:girl:

We're not supposed to talk prices on the forum, but I think the amp is a heck of a deal.

It's on my studio list for next year. I don't do much high gain stuff, but every once in a while something comes up at a client's request, and it'd be nice to have on hand.

Then there's the DG amp...another must-have....

No price discussion besides maybe MAP pricing on the forum per the rules please.

In the video demo I saw, no one spoke the word ARCHON, so I don't know how it is pronounced.
Similar to trying to figure out how to say Mira.

Is she saying it correctly here? Sounds almost like she's saying "Arc-in".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back