Sonzera 50 combo stopped working - help!

mpalm300

Hey guys -

I have a sonzera 50 combo that quit on me at a gig yesterday. It was odd - it started to "glitch" ... kind of like when your wireless unit is too far from the receiver... then it slowly powered down (volume got quieter and quieter and power light dimmed) until it was unresponsive.

I checked the fuse, power cable, power outlet, etc. All nothing.

I haven't opened it up yet because I haven't had time, but could this be a tube issue? Seems unlikely because I've blown tubes many times and it was far different than this. I figured one of you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Michael

When I first started reading I thought power tube. But the fact that the power light dimmed/died makes me think power supply/transformer.
Give PTC a call.
Bummer!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm unfortunately thinking transformer too... I've never had something power down before. With fuses and tubes it usually just dies immediately... at least that's been my experience.

I had a power tube blow during a gig with my H. The volume got lower and the tone became tinny. Fumbled my way through it.
But that power light has me thinking it's more than a tube.

I'm sure you've tried it since the unthinkable happened. If you haven't, do. I had a power issue cause this same issue. Deminishing volume until nada.

Tubes can sometimes die slowly, and sometimes blow quickly. Every pain in the ass is different! ;)

If it isn’t a tube, call PRS Customer Service. No point in asking a bunch of us.

Back