Songs that got even better when covered by another artist

I had a heated debate a couple of weeks ago. I used to gig this song, one of my favourite to sing. My pops in law didn’t believe me either, when I told him it was a Beatles song.

Suffice to say, The Beatles never released this as a single after Joe Cocker’s rendition!

Well sounds to me like pop-in-law got schooled. He gets outta line again, just give him the "Manson Lamps" (crazy eyes) and threaten to break his hip if he ever questions your musical triva prowess again...yep, works every time...that's what I'd do..I meant "I heard" anyway...:eek:
;):D

Disclaimer-
The current time is: 1:28 A.M.

Last edited:
i told my special lady friend about ‘manson lamps’ and now we use it all the time.

Well sounds to me like pop-in-law got schooled. He gets outta line again, just give him the "Manson Lamps" (crazy eyes) and threaten to break his hip if he ever questions your musical triva prowess again...yep, works every time...that's what I'd do..I meant "I heard" anyway...:eek:
;):D

Disclaimer-
The current time is: 1:28 A.M.

i told my special lady friend about ‘manson lamps’ and now we use it all the time.

Yup, it's all fun and games until somebody gets stabbed in the neck:eek:..like the delivery driver pulls up and brings an oblong box, then you hear really...another guitar???!!! Then I say before I think it through...Really, another dumb question? I mean another rhetorical question?? Yeah, that's when i see them, but more importantly feel them ...and think, uh oh..this sh!t just got real.o_O

Last edited:
In honor of @11top Kentucky Head Hunters post...I give you this BSC...in case anyones isn't aware of it...the drums and bass are compliments of two of the memebers of the KHH off-spring.
Oh! By no means are the vocals better the original (Adele is a vocal beast) but overall this cover kills...imho

Last edited:
In honor of @11top Kentucky Head Hunters post...I give you this BSC...in case anyones isn't aware of it...the drums and bass are compliments of two of the memebers of the KHH off-spring.
Oh! By no means are the vocals better the original (Adele is a vocal beast) but overall this cover kills...imho

Another for you my brother!

Another for you my brother!

Thanks dude...here's one from a few years ago...they did an album of covers that had a lot of good stuff. Being a blues nut, I wouldn't say they do it beter than the man himself, but I do really dig this one...

Last edited:
I didn't go back do if these have been posted...a thousand pardons...Black Top Mojo is pretty killer. They give me hope that Rock N Roll will bevst die! They kill this!

I like Big Macs. I like the song War Pigs. But individually, they tend to get stale after a while. Put them together and this is what you get.

Back