Songs that got even better when covered by another artist

I won't dare say this cover made it "better". However...Van Morrison sounded as if he was the only human that had ever performed it, or at least should have!! Man! Had they not hacked the sh!t outta guitar solos 1&2 (my all time favorite guitar solos) I would have held this one as the best cover in the history of covers.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! You mean the theme song from "The Wonder Years" is a Beatles' song??!??!:eek:

I had a heated debate a couple of weeks ago. I used to gig this song, one of my favourite to sing. My pops in law didn’t believe me either, when I told him it was a Beatles song.

Suffice to say, The Beatles never released this as a single after Joe Cocker’s rendition!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! You mean the theme song from "The Wonder Years" is a Beatles' song??!??!:eek:

If you watch the show on Netflix, it has a terrible wannabe version of the Joe Cocker one. I guess for some reason they didn't keep the song rights. But it really ruins the viewing experience. I grew up watching that show and I miss hearing that guitar and Joe belt it out at the beginning of every episode.

Back