Song of the Wind Backing track

Huggy Love

Vintage member
I decided to record my own backing track for this song because most of the versions I found didn't capture the vibe of the tune, so I went at it myself. Turned out OK for a 1st time at trying to make a backing that was fun to play along with. When I got done I decided to ape a Carlos/Neal Schon improvisationfest, a few clunky notes but for a one take & go, I didn't go off the tracks too badly.

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting/song-of-the-wind-backing-track

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting/song-of-the-wind-backing-track-wo-guitar

If anybody wants a copy of the backing track W/O guitar let me know and I'll figure out how to make it downloadable on Soundcloud.

Wait ... When you say "made" this backing track, do you mean you played all of the instruments and just left out the guitar parts?

And, If there is a way to download that backing track from somewhere, I may be interested in doing so. Never thought to play that song....but with that track....I may decide to sit down with it.

Wait ... When you say "made" this backing track, do you mean you played all of the instruments and just left out the guitar parts?

And, If there is a way to download that backing track from somewhere, I may be interested in doing so. Never thought to play that song....but with that track....I may decide to sit down with it.

Yep, didn't take too long, it's only 2 chords, and I'll try to figure out how to allow downloads on that site, till then use the one W/O guitar on the link.

Yep, didn't take too long, it's only 2 chords, and I'll try to figure out how to allow downloads on that site, till then use the one W/O guitar on the link.

It's pretty easy - just an option on that page. I did that w/a couple that I mixed as backing tracks.

Can you elaborate? I couldn't find the method on the page.

Sure - it's a little different than I remembered. I went into the web page and signed in. From there:

- Click on your name in the upper right corner (next to the bell for notifications). Select Tracks from the dropdown menu. That will show a list of your tracks.
- On the Tracks page, click the box next to each track you want to make downloadable.
- Click on Edit x tracks in the upper left, right under the Your Tracks title.
- Click on Permissions in the dropdown menu.
- There is a checkbox for Enable direct downloads. Check that and click save. Should be it.

OK it should be downloadable now.
*I will only have this up on my soundpage for a limited time, enjoy & have fun with it.

Back