Son just bought a SE Angelus Standard

NomadMike

I had him try it out this past weekend and after trying out a lot of other more expensive guitars we headed back to Sam Ash and he went with the SE Angelus.
Sounds good, setup was already spot on, great value.

I'm exercising the "ain't my guitar clause" :D
He also won't let me by it cause he knows it'll disappear.

Now I'm going to head to the music room and play my PRS to help heal the wound that it's not my NGD. LOL

Last edited:
This time he used his own money, so it's an even more special day!
He's now swiped my Jam Man Express pedal, I may have to charge him for that.

My son never got into guitars which was too bad, but my Grandaughter is a guitar playing demon. and has cost me a couple of thou in donations - but it's all good.

Both my boys played in middle and high school, one was into the bari sax for the schools jazz band and swerved onto banjo and oboe a few years back, and the other made all county on violin, viola and bass, (and could pinch hit on cello if needed) and now he's really into acoustic guitar. I'm already jealous of his finger picking. I might have to start hinting to the wife about the SE Angelus Custom being a great Christmas gift.

I had him try it out this past weekend and after trying out a lot of other more expensive guitars we headed back to Sam Ash and he went with the SE Angelus.
Sounds good, setup was already spot on, great value.

Congrats to him! Did he get the one with the Piezo? Having used it both through an amp AND just straight to PA, There is no $-to-quality ratio on any other guitar that matches it.

Both my boys played in middle and high school, one was into the bari sax for the schools jazz band and swerved onto banjo and oboe a few years back, and the other made all county on violin, viola and bass, (and could pinch hit on cello if needed) and now he's really into acoustic guitar. I'm already jealous of his finger picking. I might have to start hinting to the wife about the SE Angelus Custom being a great Christmas gift.
Congrats to your son and yes, the SE Angelus Custom would make a GREAT Christmas gift. I have the
Custom and love it. Thinking about picking up the Standard. Unmatched Values!

Back