Sometimes Vintage Gear Just Sucked

That's pretty cool! I wonder what the police thought - I've done deals in carparks, service stations and in cafes (and sat in an Aston Martin, sadly not mine) - never a police station. Neat it's still being used as these are 25 years old plus now - the synth stuff suggests it is.

Sorry Sergio - I seem to have turned your thread on the wonders of destroying or chucking vintage gear in to more of a celebration of the stuff.

Yeah, the officer at the front desk said he wished more people would complete transactions there. They get many calls for theft, etc from people that meet in parking lots.

It is getting used. Guy is in a party band/DJ thing.

"Sucks" can mean a lot of different things. It could be used to describe a piece of gear that is unreliable, falls out of tune, blows up, buzzes, farts a lot, etc.

I will usually use the term to describe a guitar that sounds meh. Nice lady, but she has the personality of a dullard. No brand is immune to this moniker. When vintage sucks, it means you have spent a lot of money, and you did not get the value you were hoping for. It does not matter if you got it from a pawn shop or a highly rated dealer. Once it leaves the door, you are responsible for its adjustment, upkeep or repair. When modern, expensive gear sucks, you wonder, what is wrong with the universe? I thought so and so knew how to design guitars! I've said this about every big name, PRS, Fender, Gibson, Martin, and so on. I got a BC Rich twice with a tilting bridge, on the same model. Gave up trying to return it. Only Washburn and Rickenbacker have delivered guitars with no "out of the box" disappointments. So, there you have it. The world basically sucks and only 10% of what you purchase really satisfies. Back to the search, brothers.

Back