Sometimes life sucks

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
I'm getting a divorce. I know that many of you have gone thru it. Mine has been coming for a long time. The only point of contention right now is my time with our little girl. My wife wants to cut my time in half. For the past year I've gotten her Thursday after school thru Sunday noonish. Every week. Now she want it cut in half. That I can't live with so I had to get a lawyer. I tried to keep it clean & simple. Even signed an agreement that I wasn't 100% behind, but it still gave me my time with Kate. A few weeks ago the wife changed her mind & decided I am a bad person and that Kate needs to spend more time with her. This is gonna get $$, but this is my incentive.
kate6-1.png

Cleaning out the music room for this little girl!
Anyway, not looking for any answers or anything. Just putting it out there. These forums have been a comfort to me during the past year of separation. The demo videos have also been a nice distraction on the days I don't have Kate. You guys have kinda been my extended family. There's a real special group of folks out here & on a few other forums. I've made some real friends.
So.....I'm ready for whatever comes. Right now, Kate comes 1st.

Best of luck Chris, couldn't imagine the hurt and stress load over a situation like this. Hope it all works out for you.

Chris,

I only know you through here and VR, but that's enough for me to tell you that I am with you all the way. I was divorced in 2007, and it was brutal and ugly. Like yours, it was a long time coming. And now I can honestly say that there isn't a single day that goes by that I'm not happy and relieved to be rid of her. (It was such that I still think of it in those kinds of terms.) I ended up finding myself again, and I'm so much better for it.

Please know that you can add me to the list of people supporting you and your beautiful, adorable daughter. And I'm around if you ever want or need to talk.

Lloyd

Chris,

I like some others here have been there and wish ya the best. I t will sometimes be very trying but know at the end of the day you are doing what is best for you and your daughter.

Stay Strong :box:

Sorry to hear this Chris. Never easy, especially when kids are involved. I'll be keeping your situation in my thoughts and prayers.

Be well. Remember to keep the best interests of Kate top of mind and you'll do fine. Just cause your wife wants something doesn't mean she is entitled to it.

Sorry to hear Chris, you're a super guy and from the boards a super parent as well putting your daughter first. I wish you the best of luck in all of this and pray for a happy ending for you and your daughter.

Back