Something Blue is headed my way...fall/winter project.

DogPhishHead

So, did my typical scrolling through Dave's PRS pages last week...found that sweet looking Brazilian Santana I posted last week, then down the page was this one....listed as "used"...I've had stellar results buying used from Dave's last year (SE Paul's and SE Hollowbody).

My Myers "Mule" will get new pickups (thinking Seth Lovers or Antiquities, perhaps Thornbuckers ??), locking tuners and some lampshades. Undecided on push/pull pots at this time...after having a SE Zach a few years ago, I know this guitar can get into the 335 tone zone, I want to capture that vibe with this one.

D14960.jpg

So, did my typical scrolling through Dave's PRS pages last week...found that sweet looking Brazilian Santana I posted last week, then down the page was this one....listed as "used"...I've had stellar results buying used from Dave's last year (SE Paul's and SE Hollowbody).

My Myers "Mule" will get new pickups (thinking Seth Lovers or Antiquities, perhaps Thornbuckers ??), locking tuners and some lampshades. Undecided on push/pull pots at this time...after having a SE Zach a few years ago, I know this guitar can get into the 335 tone zone, I want to capture that vibe with this one.

D14960.jpg
That's a sweet looking top! You could toss some in unplated brass bridge stud in there too ;)

Initial 30 minutes with this gal, home run Zach and Paul! I lowered the pickups a bit, found some clarity I like with gain ( I’m a tubescreamer, low to mid gain guy). I check the resistance found the neck at 7.94, bridge at 8.6- definitely lower then the 245 S set in my prior ZM ( neck was 8.6, bridge 10.4; I still have these with nickel covers on them). The neck feels great, satin finish is an A+.
I’ll give it some time with the stock pickups, but she’ll get a fret polish, oil the board and set of .010s tomorrow. Clear lampshades are a definite. Pics later this weekend.

Last edited:
Back