Someone Please explain...PRS SE Custom 24 with Cor-Tek Indonesia Stamp

Jeff Raible

I purchased the amethyst SE Custom 24 from Guitar Center for $xxx.00. There seems to be NO conclusive article or announcement that these are made in Indonesia as my guitar indicates. Workers at Guitar Center assure me its nothing but never knew SE customs to be built in Indonesia. They said prob just moved factories. But EVERY picture I see says Korea. The one review of exact CorTek one I bought isn't good. I'm assured its not different than S. Korean one. NOTHING seems to alleviate this concern. One guy even said the truss rod cover was prob swapped out and its probably a Standard....Guitar Center laughed at this notion. Somebody with knowledge please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last year or two PRS expanded their offshore manufacturing to a couple different areas, possibly initially for cost reasons, but also now I think for pure capacity reasons. My T50E was made in China; it sounds fantastic, is solidly manufactured, and looks flawless. Unless you detect a specific issue, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Or you can get all wound up over not have a "real Korean-made PRS SE". <snicker>

In the last year or two PRS expanded their offshore manufacturing to a couple different areas, possibly initially for cost reasons, but also now I think for pure capacity reasons. My T50E was made in China; it sounds fantastic, is solidly manufactured, and looks flawless. Unless you detect a specific issue, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Or you can get all wound up over not have a "real Korean-made PRS SE". <snicker>
That last comment made me smile.

Kinda surprising that the location of whatever offshore, low-wage factory Cor-Tek/WMI (same company) made the guitar in matters.

Want the best? Go Maryland-made.

Personally, I think it’s pretty righteous of PRS to identify the company that built it, right on the guitar. One other thing; dealers post those pics, not PRS.

Last edited:
Back