Some questions.

Blizzardpearl

Being new here I have some prs questions. I’ve never owned one, but I’m intrigued by the silver sky se. I’m a Stratocaster fanatic, my current electric guitars are a American standard Strat, and a danoblaster Stratocaster by Danelectro. Sold off a highway one Tele, mim Stratocaster, that I wish I had back and an American special strat, that I never bonded with.

I’ve never had the chance to play the se silver sky, as it’s never available in any of the stores by me. Any members have one?

Being new here I have some prs questions. I’ve never owned one, but I’m intrigued by the silver sky se. I’m a Stratocaster fanatic, my current electric guitars are a American standard Strat, and a danoblaster Stratocaster by Danelectro. Sold off a highway one Tele, mim Stratocaster, that I wish I had back and an American special strat, that I never bonded with.

I’ve never had the chance to play the se silver sky, as it’s never available in any of the stores by me. Any members have one?
What are you missing with your current strats that you need another guitar for? Figuring that out can be very helpful when deciding what guitar to get next.

I do not own the Siver Sky SE but I did try one out at lenght once. Even though I'm not a Strat guy per say, the neck was one of the most comfortable necks I've ever played. Of course, this is a personal thing and what works for one player wont work for the other. But the neck width and the depth was pretty much perfect. Never played a guitar with that small of a radius before (8.5) and I was surprised how comfortable it was. The fretwork on this particular one was very well done. No sharp fret ends and the amount of string/fret buzz was so minimal that it wasn't an issue. It also balanced very well while playing in a sitting position. Felt very natural.

Pickups were a little questionable but again, what didn't work for me may be the answer for others.

For me its one of those guitars where if I bought it, it would soley be on the playing comfort factor. I would then immediatly change over to a different pickup configuration.

As with anything else, try before you buy.

Haven't played one, but I have a core SS.
I'd love to try one. I'm told they are excellent examples of JM's vision.
+1 on this ^

I have Strats too, but in checking out the original Silver Sky, I found it to be what it was designed to be… a early 60s Strat in feel and tone, something I could only dream of owning prior. What was going to be a “check out and sell later” guitar is still safely in my music space long afterwards. And I’m not a Strat guy!

Purchase one from a dealer that offers a return if you’re concerned on whether you’ll like it. From all I’ve read, my bet is that, like my standard SS your SE will earn its home.

The SE SS does intrigue me, but not to the point of buying one yet. I don't own or never have owned a Strat, never even really wanted one either. I do have a bit of a yearn for a Tele though. They are still one of those machines that nothing really (IMO) comes close to matching. But there are way more PRS models I would lust over first, then I would include the SE SS after those.

Back