some blues, some funk, some women

Yeah, it pretty much doesn't matter.
I try to post some fabulous music that supports and celebrates the roots of (electric) blues, but no-one
cares. Regardless, one more try ... and now I'm done.

Robben Ford tribute to Freddie King. And he nails it.
I listen to this, I hear "Hideaway" and "The Stumble" so clear.
Not that anyone has any idea of who or what I'm talkin' about (well, except Les ... he does).

Last edited:
Yeah, it pretty much doesn't matter.
I try to post some fabulous music that supports and celebrates the roots of (electric) blues, but no-one
cares. Regardless, one more try ... and now I'm done.

Robben Ford tribute to Freddie King. And he nails it.
I listen to this, I hear "Hideaway" and "The Stumble" so clear.
Not that anyone has any idea of who or what I'm talkin' about (well, except Les ... he does).

I dunno dude, I appreciate you posting these. Good tunes is good tunes!

Robben's tone is great, warmer and different than Freddie's from what I recall. I will have to go back and check out those tunes you mentioned. Freddie is one of those guys that I'm aware of but not real familiar with. Thanks!

Robben's tone is great, warmer and different than Freddie's from what I recall. I will have to go back and check out those tunes you mentioned. Freddie is one of those guys that I'm aware of but not real familiar with. Thanks!

I agree with you, but it's about the spirit and Robben nails it.
If you go back to the seminal album that defined rock/blues, Clapton does "Hideaway."
Pretty hard to beat ... and, yes, you do indeed need to check it out.

Here is some more good stuff.
Rhonda Vincent. Normally a bluegrass person, but this is pretty much hardcore country.
I love that she is singing with her brother, but even more with her Mom (man, she looks incredible now, I would wager that she was gorgeous in her prime).
Long ago and far away for me.
I love at the end of the instrumental break we see Jeannie Kendall ... tres' cool ... I know way to much about country music.

I love this ... fabulous.

Like lookin' in the mirror ...

The original. Guitarist is Billy Joe's son ... love it ... reminds me of Marty Stuart, except a very, very little bit better.
Unfortunately, he passed from a heroin overdose ... sad.

Speaking of Marty ... love the ending with the kid.

Last edited:
If you go back to the seminal album that defined rock/blues, Clapton does "Hideaway."

Early Clapton is perhaps my biggest influence. I love how put his own stamp on "Hideaway" and "Steppin' Out" and "Born Under a Bad Sign" and, well, everything.

Peter Green did a darn nice job on "The Stumble". Amazing how much alike he and Eric played back then.

Robben is definitely way up there on my list of favorite players.

And how about "Apologies to Pearly" by ZZ Top? Another great tune in that vein.

Completely agree. I meant to come back and post pretty much exactly what you said here. It's funny, as soon as I started listening to hideaway, I instantly recognized both his tone and style. Good stuff!

Early Clapton is perhaps my biggest influence. I love how put his own stamp on "Hideaway" and "Steppin' Out" and "Born Under a Bad Sign" and, well, everything.

Peter Green did a darn nice job on "The Stumble". Amazing how much alike he and Eric played back then.

Robben is definitely way up there on my list of favorite players.

And how about "Apologies to Pearly" by ZZ Top? Another great tune in that vein.

Man, I agree. I'm not sayin' that he was/is the best or the greatest ... but he was "the first."
It blows me away when I hear or see on the internet people disputing this, really, it can't be.
He started in '63 with the Yarbirds, only other person in that sphere was Dave Davies ... but he was different.
I contend that the start of heavy metal was the original "you really got me."

At the end of the day, when Rolling Stone named their top 100 best/greatest/most influential guitarists of all time, came out like this.

#1 Jimi
#2 Clapton

I mean, honestly, you just can't argue with that.

Last edited:
Man, I agree. I'm not sayin' that he was/is the best or the greatest ... but he was "the first."
It blows me away when I hear or see on the internet people disputing this, really, it can't be.
He started in '63 with the Yarbirds, only other person in that sphere was Dave Davis ... but he was different.
I contend that the start of heavy metal was the original "you really got me."

At the end of the day, when Rolling Stone named their top 100 best/greatest/most influential guitarists of all time, came out like this.

#1 Jimi
#2 Clapton

I mean, honestly, you just can't argue with that.

Right on.

The guitar solo on the Yardbirds' version of "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" is the genesis of THE sound for me. The song is stiff and hokey, but that guitar comes in over the top of everything else and just rips! I don't know of anyone else doing that in 1964.

Right on.

The guitar solo on the Yardbirds' version of "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" is the genesis of THE sound for me. The song is stiff and hokey, but that guitar comes in over the top of everything else and just rips! I don't know of anyone else doing that in 1964.

+ a big M-F'n 1!!!!!

Back