Solved / Would you go around with your 20k PRS?

the place where the college is located is quite delinquent and I would also like to avoid "banging in the face" of other students a €20K guitar.

my final choice fallen on this €249 Harley Benton DC-DLX
here some nice feature:
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Graphtech TUSQ nut
- 22 Blacksmith Medium Jumbo stainless steel frets
- Gotoh Tune-o-Matic bridge
- Gotoh Kluson tuners
- Soft gig bag

I would like to thank all PRS users who intervened in this thread with their advices.

Put it in a really old worn out gig bag when traveling
a Hello Kitty bag, of course.
so I will be stabbed by thieves and also by homophobes

8RKAP94.jpg

Last edited:
Now, what you should do once you have "settled in" with your Harley Benton .... Tell us if your Private Stock ... is 100 times "better ? ! :)

I'm not saying that a $200 HB will compare with even an S2 PRS ... But it will probably , if your experience is anything like my experience has been with my HB TE 52's, make you wonder if the instruments offered in the say $450 to $1000 range ... are really any better !

I'd like to cop a Fender Mustang P90 ... but based on my HB experience, I can't see my way to paying $800 for it (cost $600 , a few minutes ago):(

I'm currently campaigning HB to put their "caramelized" (roasted) maple neck , in a 24" scale on their MS 60 Mustang clone (w/P90's) I figure it would go for about $200 US, and Nuke the Fender ...

That's what I thought. Crossed wires somewhere I think
Not to speak for the op, but after thinking about that reply I laughed. I’m thinking by having a Hello Kitty guitar he would be attacked the attackers thinking he was a…..well I’m sure you get it. Off color humor I’m sure it was meant in good humor.

Not to speak for the op, but after thinking about that reply I laughed. I’m thinking by having a Hello Kitty guitar he would be attacked the attackers thinking he was a…..well I’m sure you get it. Off color humor I’m sure it was meant in good humor.
Huh maybe. I wasn't thinking past the forum joke of assuming everything is hello kitty without pictures proving otherwise

Come on guys. Please don’t take that one away from me.
For real…for as long as I’ve been here, it’s been “The” running joke about any N.G.D. post that doesn’t include a pic…being a “Hello Kitty” guitar. Not because of anything hateful ;but instead; because it’s a cheap pink guitar with a big a$$ cartoon cats head plastered on it.

Now that think about it, it’s kind of a staple in the guitar community. Heck there’s even a video of John 5 on YouTube playing one, clearly for the novelty of it, but still it’s not the first time the “pics or it’s a Hello Kitty”reference has been used in the guitar community for as long as there have been Hello Kitty guitars. No big news flash there but, someone wouldn’t know that if they haven’t been around the guitar community for very long.

Regardless, when you slap such a negative and unfounded label on one of my friends…you can bet I’m gonna call bull$hit!

Hopefully, the OP was just joking. If so I totally get it, I have a dark and very dry sense of humor myself. If not, I’ll ask the OP nicely to refrain from calling people names up in here. That is all…carry on.

Last edited:
I think that, being new, he didn’t know our running joke. And while I took no offense, it was varying meanings of a slang term, that had one member here saying some pretty terrible things about me here, a couple years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that, being new, he didn’t know our running joke. And while I took no offense, it was varying meanings of a slang term, that had one member here saying some pretty terrible things about me here, a couple years ago.

So while I get sick of people trying to be offended by just about everything these days, I’m also not going to get into fights with people because a made up slang word means something different where I’m from than where they’re from.
That’s it in the nutshell, first thing I did when I read it was looked where they were from. Many things like slang, dialects etc go into misunderstandings. It was actually a funny reply to a funny comment by you. No one should be hurt by this. Yeah I agree there are some posters here that rub me the wrong way every time they post/ reply but last I knew I was not the social/ forum police.
Oh and not to be weird but can I smell your hands after holding that PRS doubleneck!

Don’t laugh, I didn’t even tell Steve this, but I used hand sanitizer before we went to his office and his house. :cool: That said, I’d like to think I left at least a fingerprint on a couple of them:D:D

After you left, I took them to the self-serve car wash.

Last edited:
Back