Solid colors vs. transparent finish

Oresti

Greetings,

I have a DGT in platinum metallic coming tomorrow. I’ve always been drawn to the solid colors, especially black, antique white, and the gold tops. My question is: Does anyone know the percentage of core models that are produced in the solid colors?

I've been hunting for an Antique White 594 Hollowbody II. From my searches, I can say it is a very, very small portion. I have an all black SC594, and haven't seen many others. I can't blame them, as the beautiful wood is a PRS trademark, but they do an awesome opaque finish too. And as far as I can tell, they don't cut corners on the wood tops even when they are painting over them!

Some models got opaque colors more than others. The early CE's had a lot of solid colors because they got the less flamed tops.

Ya that’s a tough one. My own anecdotal estimate is that even among the solid colors it’s black > gold > white > others.

I've been hunting for an Antique White 594 Hollowbody II. From my searches, I can say it is a very, very small portion. I have an all black SC594, and haven't seen many others. I can't blame them, as the beautiful wood is a PRS trademark, but they do an awesome opaque finish too. And as far as I can tell, they don't cut corners on the wood tops even when they are painting over them!

All my PRSi" are solid colors. I have had 2 maple tops and they sounded too bright to my ears. I do like how they look,though. And they are much rarer than transparent finishes.

Back