Solderless Cable Kits?

Tried them all. Currently have George L and like previous comments, easy initially but over time, the screw caps do loosen (even with the black cover caps) or lose connectivity so its part of my routine board maintenance to check the threads/cables.

One thing I haven’t considered is adding a drop of loc-tite to them but wasn’t sure of the “conductive nature” of that blue liquid or if it had any affects. Maybe on my next annual board PM service I will consider giving it a go.
There’s only one section of my board that ever changes so I might try it those connections which rarely change.

Used the Planet Waves, Evidence, and George L's myself. Planet Waves are bulky, but serviceable. The Evidence are pricey and I f****** hated putting them together, I always had some sort of issue with get the cuts clean enough, wire and ground peeled back enough, and having it sit correctly in the jack. Possibly an intellectual or mechanical deficiency on my part. The George L's are what my old rack was wired with back in the day, and I'm not having any issues with my current ones.

Just not a fan of the do-it-yourself cables...Picked up a bunch of the short PRS patch cables a while back...easily pliable, and easy to work with, plus a few HOSA 12-inchers get the job done.

Just not a fan of the do-it-yourself cables...Picked up a bunch of the short PRS patch cables a while back...easily pliable, and easy to work with, plus a few HOSA 12-inchers get the job done.
(Hosa + cableties) - spending lots of money = Win

<opens can of worms> They're good enough for Fluff & Glenn Fricker!

Half the stuff I pulled out of hosa pkgs was DOA in the 90s

Refused to touch it since

(Hosa + cableties) - spending lots of money = Win!

Dude. The point isn’t to build a functioning pedalboard. Any Tom, Dick, Harry or 13 year old kid can build a basic, functioning pedalboard. That the pedalboard functions is merely a prerequisite. Function is a starting point.

The end game is to create The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever!

You can’t create The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever unless every fiber of your being is involved in its creation. Building The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever is like building the Pantheon, the home of all the gods that has stood for two thousand years in the Eternal City - it’s equivalent to an offering to the gods. It’s art that also functions.

Go look at a show car, and check the hoses. I’ll wait. (Tap tap) Did you notice that they’re Aeroquip hoses? They’re designed for airplanes and Formula 1 cars. They’re badass. They’re cool-looking. They’re there because they’re there. Because that show car is a functional work of art! Do you see excess cable slop tied with cable ties? Hell no! Or molded plugs? Nuh-uh. Or a penny spent where a dollar will do the job in a cooler, more aesthetic way? Not a chance.

Ever see a Harley where the owner has tastefully replaced the stamped metal parts with plated billet aluminum?

You get my drift, here.

Are you going to put Hosa cables on the Pantheon? Hell no. You’re going to put the best cables you can find in the entire world on the Pantheon, and not only that, they’re going to be awesome to look at. Because that’s how a Pantheon is built. It’s a work of art as well as a building.

Now the beauty of building The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever is that, compared to a temple, or a custom car or motorcycle, or even a Private Stock guitar (!), is that satisfying your craving to accomplish it amounts to Cheap Thrills!

You can build The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever for a fraction of the price of any of those things!

So why wouldn’t you? :)

“Objection! I don’t want to build the most badass pedalboard ever. I just don’t care.”

“Overruled.”

A Pantheon ‘work in progress’:

FGJn0my.jpg

Last edited:
Dude. The point isn’t to build a functioning pedalboard. Any Tom, Dick, Harry or 13 year old kid can build a basic, functioning pedalboard. That the pedalboard functions is merely a prerequisite. Function is a starting point.

You can’t create The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever unless every fiber of your being is involved in its creation. Building The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever is like building the Pantheon, the home of all the gods that has stood for two thousand years in the Eternal City - it’s equivalent to an offering to the gods. It’s art that also functions.

Go look at a show car, and check the hoses. I’ll wait. (Tap tap) Did you notice that they’re Aeroquip hoses? They’re designed for airplanes and Formula 1 cars. They’re badass. They’re cool-looking. They’re there because they’re there. Because that show car is a functional work of art! Do you see excess cable slop tied with cable ties? Hell no! Or molded plugs? Nuh-uh. Or a penny spent where a dollar will do the job in a cooler, more aesthetic way? Not a chance.

Ever see a Harley where the owner has tastefully replaced the stamped metal parts with plated billet aluminum?

You get my drift, here.

Are you going to put Hosa cables on the Pantheon? Hell no. You’re going to put the best cables you can find in the entire world on the Pantheon, and not only that, they’re going to be awesome to look at. Because that’s how a Pantheon is built. It’s a work of art as well as a building.

Now the beauty of building The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever is that, compared to a temple, or a custom car or motorcycle, or even a Private Stock guitar (!), is that satisfying your craving to accomplish it amounts to Cheap Thrills!

You can build The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever for a fraction of the price of any of those things!

“Objection! I don’t want to build the most badass pedalboard ever. I just don’t care.”

“Overruled.”

A Parthenon ‘work in progress’:

FGJn0my.jpg

Godamit! Now I gotta start all over, your tough love is making an impact on me.

But.... no, it ain’t gonna be “cheap thrills” now. Now I have to buy a Mu-tron, a Cali76, a tuner, and a Musonics Phasor... you f@cking Bastid! :eek::p

You get my drift, here.

“Overruled.”

A Parthenon ‘work in progress’:

FGJn0my.jpg
I hear you, brother.

Someday, I will be on that quest.

For now, my board has 2 functions:
- Katana control + missing features (tuner, looper)
- Faux wet/dry pre/post FX loop splitting+mixing of guitar and EHX C-9 Organ Machine

Godamit! Now I gotta start all over, your tough love is making an impact on me.

But.... no, it ain’t gonna be “cheap thrills” now. Now I have to buy a Mu-tron, a Cali76, a tuner, and a Musonics Phasor... you f@cking Bastid! :eek::p

Right?

How many great things do people accomplish in their lives that are really satisfying?

“I built a company and made a billion dollars.”

“Yawn.”

“I discovered the cure for cancer.”

“Not bad.”

“I built The Most Badass Pedalboard Ever!

“Yeah, baby!”

Last edited:
Back