Sold My faded finish Les Paul for a Satin finish S2 22

Silverman

I loved the Les Paul. It had character. It had a great sound. But man, was she a moody *****.

I had it set up perfectly once.Then I had to put all my toys away because I was almost done with grad school and needed complete focus for the final push. 6 months later, I broke her out and she's a mess. Even after constant fiddling I could never her to play the same again. I am by no means a professional, but I can handle a setup. Still, getting her just right eluded me. I even brought her to my local music store so the awesome and gracious techs could give her a quick once over. No dice.

While waiting for them, I wandered around and stumbled upon the satin s2 22. I felt like a married man who meets a woman that reminds him of his most idealized recollections of his wife. The S2 played better than my Lester did on her best days. Needless to say, I'm thrilled.

I noticed that mine has pickup overs on it. All of the ones I have perused on line don't. I dig the covers, I'm just curious about the distinction.

Thanks all
j452oeiov

j452oeiov

Nice fine. Also, RE the pickups: When they were originally released, the S2 Standard 22s had covered #7 pickups. For 2017, they changed the pickups to open coil 85/15 S pickups. Sounds like you got one that still has the #7s. Great guitar nonetheless!

Nice fine. Also, RE the pickups: When they were originally released, the S2 Standard 22s had covered #7 pickups. For 2017, they changed the pickups to open coil 85/15 S pickups. Sounds like you got one that still has the #7s. Great guitar nonetheless!

Thanks for the info. I didn't get a chance to try out the 85/15s. Any opinions on the pros/cons of #7's vs the 85/15 S pickups? Thanks

Congrats. I would like to see a picture of your new baby! There is a post in the top section of the general discussion forum that shows you how to do it. I doubt you are the 1st person on this forum who has sold an LP so they could buy a PRS ;)

IMG_0583_zpswbgkhucg.jpg
IMG_0584_zpsbew7bfpb.jpg

Here she is! I'm really in love with the finish. Very pleasing to the touch. You almost feel like it was made by a passionate craftsman in the mountains of Italy or something!

My Corgi was meant to be protecting it for me. He's useless.

IMG_0583_zpswbgkhucg.jpg
IMG_0584_zpsbew7bfpb.jpg

Here she is! I'm really in love with the finish. Very pleasing to the touch. You almost feel like it was made by a passionate craftsman in the mountains of Italy or something!

Love that finish! Looks like the pooch is ready to pounce!

IMG_0583_zpswbgkhucg.jpg
IMG_0584_zpsbew7bfpb.jpg

Great guitar!! Congrats. I'm sure it won't let you down. And one of the cuter dog pictures you'll ever see!

Kevin

Back