Softube Saturation Knob Plug-In

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Softube is giving away a plug-in version of their Saturation Knob.

http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=satknob

Saturation Knob

The free plug-in Saturation Knob is a modeled output distortion that can be used anywhere you need some grit. Use it to fatten up bass lines, add some harmonics and shimmer to vocals, or simply destroy your drum loop.

Anyone have any experience with it? I'm probably going to grab it since it's a freebie.

It's actually really great! There are quite a few saturation type plugins out there and they each offer something a little different. Try a few demos, but you won't go wrong with Softube.

What's not to like about free?

BTW, Les and Alan... updated your Logic already? Lots of cool new stuff.

I never did pick up Logic. I'm still running ProTools 10. And they just announced 12. But I'm thinking about making the switch - the hard part is I've got a decent workflow going, so the stuff I record for my mother flows very quickly now. Well, when I play competently.

What's not to like about free?

Yeah, I keep my software 100% up to date, and I LOVE the new stuff I'm seeing. I think Logic is becoming more and more powerful, despite the fact that it's a freakin' bargain!!

I never did pick up Logic. I'm still running ProTools 10. And they just announced 12. But I'm thinking about making the switch - the hard part is I've got a decent workflow going, so the stuff I record for my mother flows very quickly now.

:rofl:

The true test of a recording musician is how many boxes of albums his/her mother has in her basement or garage.

Last edited:
I never did pick up Logic. I'm still running ProTools 10. And they just announced 12. But I'm thinking about making the switch - the hard part is I've got a decent workflow going, so the stuff I record for my mother flows very quickly now. Well, when I play competently.

Sorry about that Alan, I don't know why I thought that you were a Logic guy.

Yeah, I keep my software 100% up to date, and I LOVE the new stuff I'm seeing. I think Logic is becoming more and more powerful, despite the fact that it's a freakin' bargain!!

Hell Yeah it is!

I'm immune to peer pressure.

I'm also not quite your peer!

And it's not over yet - I'm still considering making a change.

Back