So yesterday... opened them up!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
There’s a guy who mixes concerts at one of the bigger venues here way too loud, and with way too much bass. If I’m stuck going there I always bring earplugs.

I have a difficult time with the idea of going deaf because some moron who’s mixing a show is obviously hard of hearing, or stupid, and wants to inflict that on the world.

I almost always wear earplugs at concerts now. I've experimented with several brands - still looking for one I can absolutely say is the one.

Last year at the John 5 show, we were standing by the mixing board. Some yahoo kept coming over and telling the sound guy to turn it up. The sound guy - to his credit - finally turned to the guy and said, 'It sounds perfect, why would I change anything?' I talked to him a bit after the show and told him he was dead on - the sound was great, and it wasn't overpowering. Same at King Crimson this year.

I almost always wear earplugs at concerts now. I've experimented with several brands - still looking for one I can absolutely say is the one.

You’ve probably already tried custom ones, then, but I’ve been using a set of custom-molded Westones since the 90s; the impressions were taken by an audiologist who seemed to know what she was doing.

They have interchangeable attenuation inserts, and have seemed to work very well.

They have more models now than when I bought them, and in fancy colors. Anyway, they work.

Big, loud, heavy, and a clean machine. Wish I had kept it. But clean was the last thing I wanted back then. I sold that amp for a few hundred dollars...

Oh, the mistakes of youth...
Mine was a Twin II head and I sold it 5 years ago to fund my Super Dallas. It brought crazy money! Zero regrets mostly because the SuperD is 1000x a better amp.

Mine was a Twin II head and I sold it 5 years ago to fund my Super Dallas. It brought crazy money! Zero regrets mostly because the SuperD is 1000x a better amp.

So, Twin for Super Dallas vs Twin for Bandit. hmmm.... after careful consideration, YOU WIN! LOL

My Dad (75 years) lost his hearing significantly about 15 years ago. He suffers from tinnitus which causes him much discomfort.

He played music all his life. His hearing loss causes him to hear music as a dischord.

About a year ago he began to play my Mum’s classical guitar, which he found easier to hear the voicing of each string.

I set him up with a reasonably priced classical guitar with internal mic/piezo, which he uses with the listening device he has.

Voila! He is able to play again.

He now has a small mixer amp that he plays into and has mics to capture singing and any other acoustic instruments. His headphones are connected to the output. This is the extent of his hearing loss and the level at which he has to have the volume to hear!

It was horrible to see him missing playing music and so good to see him able to hear enough to play again.

I fully agree with everyone who advises to protect your hearing. I too played with a loud drummer in the 90’s - 00’s. I stood on stage with him on my right. I have recollection of laying in bed at night after a gig, ears ringing, my right one much worse.

Selfishly, I hope that hearing loss isn’t hereditary in my family, as I want many more years of the enjoyment of playing/singing music.

The moral of this story - enjoy what you have, daily.

Keep on rockin’ sensibly.

And yes @bodia that is the title of my Christmas album so you can’t use it :D

Funny how I (mis) read the thread title - I was thinking it would be interesting to look inside some PRS amps to see how they're built....

Stop saying Santana you enabler you!! There’s a blood orange on eBay that is so sweet or tangy maybe?! :D
Sweet or tangy........only one way to find out :cool:
A true Blood Orange is both Sweet and Tangy.

So you must get it.

I can't get it - I just blew any cash reserves I had satisfying some other PRS GAS.

Plus, I already have a Santana.

Though Blood Orange is a beautiful color.

But no. Not right now for me.

But for you? Yes, perhaps now is the right time!

A true Blood Orange is both Sweet and Tangy.

So you must get it.

I can't get it - I just blew any cash reserves I had satisfying some other PRS GAS.

Plus, I already have a Santana.

Though Blood Orange is a beautiful color.

But no. Not right now for me.

But for you? Yes, perhaps now is the right time!
Imagine the voice of Wayne Campbell -

“She is beautiful, but she is destined for another - SCH-WING!!”

Back