So Wrong on So Many Levels

aristotle

But am I bad to like it? Toss the Robert Palmer girls into a Trans Siberian Orchestra sort of thing formed by a maniac dictator. Then have them write a piece of music to accompany a video about blowing up the United States. Yeah... I guess I am bad to like it, but with all shots of the audience, it's still hard to take these guys seriously...

I can see this thread getting out of hand quickly.

I suggest members confine their comments to the music and leave the geopolitics alone.

The music reminds me a bit of the Trans Siberian Orchestra...

It was actually Les' "Red Orchestra" post that reminded me that I saw this some time back. Not that Les' electronic music resembles this, but the whole "red" concept tickled my memory. I wasn't making any political commentary other than to note how silly this looks...particularly as everybody in the audience cheers and dances (albeit in an Al Gore sort of dance style) as the rocket launches towards the US.

The girls are evidently all very good musicians for what that's worth. They're playing as if their life depended on it. Oh wait...

It was actually Les' "Red Orchestra" post that reminded me that I saw this some time back. Not that Les' electronic music resembles this, but the whole "red" concept tickled my memory. I wasn't making any political commentary other than to note how silly this looks...particularly as everybody in the audience cheers and dances (albeit in an Al Gore sort of dance style) as the rocket launches towards the US.

The girls are evidently all very good musicians for what that's worth. They're playing as if their life depended on it. Oh wait...

The Red Orchestra was actually a nickname for the spy network in Nazi Germany opposed to the regime during WW2.

But mainly, I like the name because electronica can be kind of weird.

It's kind of funny to me that they're playing instruments made in Japan, their hated enemy.

I think that Les was referring to the "Red Orchestra" name that he came up for his electronica music.

And I do happen to agree with you that it is junk. Still though, there is something so off about it that I dig it.

Please explain, I don't class this as electronica unless I'm missing the point.

My own opinion is that it's basically junk.

As Aristotle explained, there's a thread I posted in the Studio section of the forum with my own electronica er....stuff....I create under the name "Red Orchestra."

It's probably kind of junky, but at least it's mine. ;)

Bailed at 1:30 of this electro-puke. Spectators look happy though (not), as they nervously eye the roving cameras monitoring them.

It's probably kind of junky, but at least it's mine
Not you, I haven't heard your electronica ;) I meant The Moranbong Band, a bit like the Chinese Corrs but not quite as eye catching or talented.

Put your electronica to the test then, where can I hear some? I think you know I like electronica so I may be biassed.

I'm impressed Les, your melodies are spot on something I could never get to my satisfaction. Ever thought of doing any dance music?

Let's all bong a Moran,
Let's all bong a Moran,
Ta, dah, dey, dey,
Ta, dah, dey, dey!

FNn87RO.jpg

I'm impressed Les, your melodies are spot on something I could never get to my satisfaction. Ever thought of doing any dance music?

Thanks! I like melodic stuff, I guess.

I did some dance music for a show directed by one of the cirque de soleil folks a few years back. It was a lot of fun!

Back