So what exactly did I get for $899?!?

Gang,

I just picked up a PRS amp - Dallas 4x10 black with the charcoal maple front.

It has a tag on the back that says Derek Trucks Mods, 8/12 build I guess.

I know it's a Dallas 50, but I know very little else about this amp so feed me some knowledge!! What do the Trucks mods do in respect to a regular Dallas?

It was tagged at one of the local shops around me as used, but if it is used it's immaculate. It appears like maybe it was old stock or something...there are no signs of it being used before.

Anyway, anything I should know about this amp?

It will go nicely with my Archon as more of a bluesy amp I guess - I snagged partially because I've like all the PRS amps I've played/owned in the past and partially because $899 seemed like a wicked good deal.

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN!
Here I thought I stole my Dallas 4x10 amp brand new but you hit the jackpot!

Think about all the dudes in Texas back in the day playing a big ol' Fender amp like this. ZZ Top is my favorite example. That's what you get with this amp, except that the Dallas is of the hand wired variety. This amp is designed by a dude from that part of the world (Doug Sewell) with a deliberate nod to those old Blackface, Super Reverb style amps. Vintage groovyness.

Oh, and there is at least one video in youtube with DT talking about his amp. I don' think there is a big difference.

PRS_DALLAS-4x10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back