So what does Paul and the team have up their sleeves in 2019?

Hmm something Paul-centric, in honor of the founder? How about a Collection Series X!

How about an S2 bass! The SE line is great for the $ ( I have the Kingfisher), and the Grainger’s are phenominal....but @ 4K just a bit out of reach.

Wish the PRS Basses would catch on more with the bass community, they are such well built & great sounding instruments.... which would help with an expanded product line/offering.

How about a 2019 version of the 27 fret (must have 27 frets) of the 1984 Sorcerer’s Appentice ! Looks like such a cool guitar and with all the years of improvements like: the different PRS pickups that exist now, trem or stoptail bridge, phase III locking (or winged :D)..... man that would be so awesome!

CNomywL.jpg

Check out the one in this early interview video, humbuckers, 5-way, sweet switch, I believe this one has 26 frets!

How about a 2019 version of the 27 fret (must have 27 frets) of the 1984 Sorcerer’s Appentice ! Looks like such a cool guitar and with all the years of improvements like: the different PRS pickups that exist now, trem or stoptail bridge, phase III locking (or winged :D)..... man that would be so awesome!

CNomywL.jpg

Check out the one in this early interview video, humbuckers, 5-way, sweet switch, I believe this one has 26 frets!

That’s the blue guitar I’m holding out for.

CNomywL.jpg

Every time I watch this video, I want to know about those vending machines! ;)

I would like a CU24 with DGT body thickness and a Santana Neck carve.

It would add a lot of mahogany to the CU 24 recipe (always a good thing!) and make it feel like a more substantial guitar. I love my CU24 AP from 2008, but it just feels thin and small compared to my DGT and Santana II. It sounds big, but feels small with the thinner body and standard neck.

A multi-fit case for S-2 guitars? It’s almost impossible to find a half-way decent case for an s-2. And on the wish list, how about putting core pickups, electronics, and trems on the “higher end” S-2’s? I know they’re built to a price point, but now that they’re becoming a a bit pricier, it’s time for a few upgrades...maybe? And one more: Please, please build a core Custom 24 with a pattern neck!!

S2 594 semi hollow soapbar with piezo.

I'd jump all over that!

Silver Sky with an all maple neck, gold hardware & Trans White Finish!
The only reason I’m still holding out......

Indeed, I would have bought/ordered a Silver Sky if it had a maple FB option from day one. I have a strat-style guitar with a RW FB, and it just isn't the same. My MiM Squier-Fender strat with maple neck+FB somehow feels "better".

How about an S2 bass! The SE line is great for the $ ( I have the Kingfisher), and the Grainger’s are phenominal....but @ 4K just a bit out of reach.

Wish the PRS Basses would catch on more with the bass community, they are such well built & great sounding instruments.... which would help with an expanded product line/offering.

Yes! I want a 5-string bass more affordable than the GG-5. That's a nice guitar, but I really can't justify it. Whether it be S2 or SE or even just "regular" core that lists for 60-75% of a GG, anything would be nice.

What I would also like to see:

S2 acoustics. I like my SE Angelus and Tonare, but I suspect PRS could do some real magic with an S2 that retails for about double the price. Maybe as dreadnoughts.

A 7-string with trem, 27" scale perhaps. S2 would be nice, thankyouverymuch.

Maybe a core multi-scale?

Another different shape, like Tremonti's "pseudo-Explorer/Firebird/whatever". Not the "Lady Gaga" pink spiky thing though.

I'm not sure about a T-style - the Vela touches on it without going all the way, on purpose, I suspect. The T-style is, to me, probably the most different guitar from anything in the PRS arsenal. Steven Wilson, a long-time PRS artist, used a telecaster on his most recent album because it was just so different from his usual fallbacks (which happened to be enroute or in storage from a recent tour, at the time he started writing). I'm not sure PRS sees that as a viable market, unless/until they can associate with an artist that is well know for playing T-styles, maybe someone like Dave Kilminster (who has a very string link to Suhr, so not likely), or Mike Campbell. Can you imagine the Silver Sky getting the market and attention it has been if JM wasn't attached?

Back