So....what did you pick up at Experience?

I didn't make it this year...first time. I did, however buy a Dg30 and cab. My first time buying something at experience. Go figure.

No new guitar, but a cool souvenir nonetheless!

barstool.jpg

Nothing for me either. As it turned out, we could only stay from 11-4 Friday, and could not make Saturday. Apologies to those of you I did not say hello to. I was this close to a a HB II SC, but fortunately for my bank account, they did not have any colors that grabbed me.

No guitars or amps for me, but I did grab one of these lovely padded leather straps for my DGT. Soooooooooooo comfortable!

acc_strap_walnut_tan_leather_padded_sig_1024x1024.jpg

I should probably apologize for not seeking out forum members as well, I spent most of Friday trying to find things that to photograph, that didn't have someone walk in front of me just as I got it focused. Then Saturday I was on the quest for a non-blue P24 Trem, but apparently 1) I waited too long and the black/gold all sold, and 2) I learned the international dealers scooped up most of the limited 50 stock. So it was ugly blue or nothing, and I learned from Shawn that refinishes are ~$1200 so it was nothing in the end. Sorry I was preoccupied a bit, but even sorrier I couldn't score a P24t. Here's hoping they release a standard model with additional colors in the spring!

BTW - what happened to the Foosball Throwdown??? I did swing by the table frequently and the leader board was blank the whole time.

I should probably apologize for not seeking out forum members as well, I spent most of Friday trying to find things that to photograph, that didn't have someone walk in front of me just as I got it focused. Then Saturday I was on the quest for a non-blue P24 Trem, but apparently 1) I waited too long and the black/gold all sold, and 2) I learned the international dealers scooped up most of the limited 50 stock. So it was ugly blue or nothing, and I learned from Shawn that refinishes are ~$1200 so it was nothing in the end. Sorry I was preoccupied a bit, but even sorrier I couldn't score a P24t. Here's hoping they release a standard model with additional colors in the spring!

BTW - what happened to the Foosball Throwdown??? I did swing by the table frequently and the leader board was blank the whole time.

A black gold and black cherry might still be available at sweetwater.com

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=experience+p24

It all went down later on Saturday at the foosball table. Not sure who won it all, just gonna guess Hans and Shawn? I hit the bar down the road right when it started pouring rain to catch a little Badger football.

It all went down later on Saturday at the foosball table. Not sure who won it all, just gonna guess Hans and Shawn? I hit the bar down the road right when it started pouring rain to catch a little Badger football.

Definitely was Hans and Shawn. A couple close ones but they won in the end.

Wow. You saw a chick. From all the pics I've seen it looked like a giant sausage fest. :rock:
Well done.
:congrats:

Experience is most definitely a sausage fest, but I can verify that the gal manning the BBQ truck on Friday was a bonafide looker...

photo-86.jpg

I picked this bad boy up from JD at Guitar Maverick. First let me say JD is absolutely awesome to work with. He took great care of me. I recommend you all give him a shout if you're in the market. I believe his rep is Jim(if I got that wrong please correct me) who is one cool dude. The PRS folks got it all packed up nice and neat for me..one of the employees(can't remember his name but THANK YOU) wheeled it all over God's country until they found me and my car...Shawn personally took care of making sure I got it in the trunk safe and sound.

1X12 HXDA 30 watt combo...with a V30. Sounds killer....Took me a little to get it dialed in exactly the way I like it...found the sweet spot for me (first two switches down in DA last switch up to HX...bass gain up higher than treble gain...mostly because of the new V30 and the open back nature of the combo)...as Sergio would say..."It's BANGIN!!!!!!!!!!" Taking it to band practice tonight!!!!!

I also picked up a few shirts and a new guitar strap. Spent some time talking to Len when I got the extras...one of the nicest people around.

Can't forget to mention Mark and Steve...both were very generous and gave me their PRS experience goodie bags to give to my two boys!!! Thanks again guys...you rock!!!!:rock:

Also...Thanks to Kerry and Hans for the BREWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

and Jeff and his bride for their amazing hospitality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you, brother! Glad you got it dialed in the right way...

That's a great sounding amp Bob! Congrats!

my ears are still ringing!

photo-86.jpg

I picked this bad boy up from JD at Guitar Maverick. First let me say JD is absolutely awesome to work with. He took great care of me. I recommend you all give him a shout if you're in the market. I believe his rep is Jim(if I got that wrong please correct me) who is one cool dude. The PRS folks got it all packed up nice and neat for me..one of the employees(can't remember his name but THANK YOU) wheeled it all over God's country until they found me and my car...Shawn personally took care of making sure I got it in the trunk safe and sound.

1X12 HXDA 30 watt combo...with a V30. Sounds killer....Took me a little to get it dialed in exactly the way I like it...found the sweet spot for me (first two switches down in DA last switch up to HX...bass gain up higher than treble gain...mostly because of the new V30 and the open back nature of the combo)...as Sergio would say..."It's BANGIN!!!!!!!!!!" Taking it to band practice tonight!!!!!

I also picked up a few shirts and a new guitar strap. Spent some time talking to Len when I got the extras...one of the nicest people around.

Can't forget to mention Mark and Steve...both were very generous and gave me their PRS experience goodie bags to give to my two boys!!! Thanks again guys...you rock!!!!:rock:

Also...Thanks to Kerry and Hans for the BREWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

and Jeff and his bride for their amazing hospitality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a variety of reasons I wasn't able to get there until about 3pm on Saturday. My buddy greeted me and asked, "So what are you going to buy today?". "Nothing", I said, having just bought a sweet Breedlove acoustic-electric this week (a nice complement to my SE Angelus). Needless to say, I was walking out of the building by 3:45 carrying a Black Gold 408 Semi. I'm such a sucker for limited runs...

I have the best wife in the world, by the way.

Back