So, Vela, Vela good...

I love my Vela I got for Father's Day, I haven't put it down. Just a great sounding and playing guitar and so comfortable. Congrats.

I love my Vela I got for Father's Day, I haven't put it down. Just a great sounding and playing guitar and so comfortable. Congrats.

Know 'zactly what you mean. The rest of the stable is getting a teensy bit jealous. New kid on the block and all that. :biggrin:

2nd Post here on the PRS forum!

I can't blame "Carl", but after one glance at that Ice blue retro super-whamma-dyno-matic shape I had to take the plunge as well!

Sent my new Tremonti SE back (which was a great player as well). Hoping to get that clean airy sound out of her that I'm hearing in some of the demo's. If not... well the #7 pups on the S2 Custom 22 are next in line.

I get it on Tuesday... these blue ones are hard to find! I could only find 2 total.

I guess I have to blame Dennis at Moore Music! I'll blame him for his fantastic service (and great price!). They are the #3 PRS dealership I believe and he couldn't say enough good things about this guitar, it's tone, versatility, and playability.

Is there a particularly well suited amp for it? I know it's a very loaded question, but I've been a Line 6 Variax/Pod user for quite a while and am going the more traditional route instead. I've got a Mustang III to use until I find the best 2x12 tonal solution. I'm a 2nd tenor vocally so I try and mix slightly below and above my vocal range.

I may just use my Bose L1 / Tonematch with a new Helix :D ... or I could swing for the new Fractal 8 coming out!

~C

PRS-S2-Vela-Ice-Blue-Firemist-S2011619-full_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all, good to be here!

Sweetwater can order you one.. takes a month I believe. I'm not sure how "limited" this limited run is though. If the tone isn't what I'm after then Moore Music may have another one in stock. I got their last one. I think there is one more at Chicago Music.

PRS has some of the best blue hue's I've seen... that faded Whale Blue on the Tremonti is just stunning. This Vela takes the cake though. It's a Mannish Periwinkle screamin at dusk.... it's probably somehow Carl's fault! :D

~C

It IS my fault...just ask Mrs. Cantankerous ;)

I do love that blue...but what the heck would I do with TWO Velas...

Back