So no news on the MT 100 at all?

GrumpyOldDba

I dunno lots of buzz back in like August ...

Is the forum policy that no body gives hints about anything till officially released??

Can anyone just like say probably before 2022???

It’s got to be close, there was a photo months ago on Mark’s Instagram that shows a 100 watt version in the same enclosure scheme as the 15, metal shell, red emblems and all. I would think they wouldn’t even be working on the enclosure until the circuit is basically finalized, and if it’s going to be made overseas like the 15, that’s probably an early production factory prototype. Maybe MT wants to road test them? Obviously that’s not happening right now, could be the reason. If not, I have to believe it will be coming this year. Although I expected it last week and I was obviously wrong there, so what do I know?!

I agree, it has to be close. I think the mt100 would cut a lot of archon sales and with them going discontinued that’s a big clue in my mind that the mt100 is almost there.

It’s got to be close, there was a photo months ago on Mark’s Instagram that shows a 100 watt version in the same enclosure scheme as the 15, metal shell, red emblems and all. I would think they wouldn’t even be working on the enclosure until the circuit is basically finalized, and if it’s going to be made overseas like the 15, that’s probably an early production factory prototype. Maybe MT wants to road test them? Obviously that’s not happening right now, could be the reason. If not, I have to believe it will be coming this year. Although I expected it last week and I was obviously wrong there, so what do I know?!
He probably has a prototype for him just to see how it sounds. Do remember that the MT15 is an import amp and a 100 watt version of a budget amp would push the price to around an Archon or Custom 50 territory. I think for now the import amps (Sonzera and MT15) are in a good place at the moment and are meant to be sub 1000 dollar tube amps that are surprisingly killer amps. I haven't tried a Sonzera yet but I am hoping to try one and get one for my birthday, or maybe an MT15. The most I've seen a PRS amp go to wattage wise is 100 watts for the Archon. That's a 2300 dollar amp and to make a budget amp that's already loud as heck a 100 watt amp isn't very smart in my opinion. I would personally love to see a Santana PRS amp personally or an SE J-MOD which is a stretch imo but PRS is trying to make their SE line better all the time!

It’s coming, just a matter of time...
PPZ3pIl.jpg

I haven't tried a Sonzera yet but I am hoping to try one and get one for my birthday, or maybe an MT15.

Ummm well get an MT 15 yikes. Everyone has one of those and that's all we play around here mostly!!

You need an MT 15 I may not need an MT 100 but I want one bad! I have a bunch of cash ready for one even its just a question of how much they will be.

Seriously the MT 15 acts like a 50 watt and only thing keeping me good with the wife is playing it in the basement while using an attenuator.

Most of us wont need an MT 100 the MT 15 is plenty for playing out ... but we can keep the MT 100 around "just in case" the band gets called to open up for The Dirty Knobs.

Back