So kind, but so cruel

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
I posted recently that my awesome wife wanted to buy me a PRS for our 25th anniversary. I was driving to NY last weekend, and my GPS somehow routed me right past Brian’s Guitars in CT - how whacky is that!? ;) Well, a certain 2019 CU22 grabbed my attention, and wouldn’t let go. Price was right in the sweet spot. Called home, and got the green light.

It arrived today, and I got exactly 5 minutes to inspect it, and then it got taken away from me, until June. How cruel is that!? What’s a man gonna do??

9g0Ex3p.jpg

I think your GPS is suspect. I mean, I live it CT too, yet it didn't navigate you to my front door for delivery... Now that's cruel.

It's a sweet looking thing. This reminds me of the Custom 22 my guitar instructor had. Well, he probably still has it. I just don't have him as a guitar instructor anymore.

I dig it! A Custom 22 in a very "PRS" color should be standard equipment in everyone's arsenal.

(Edit: well, I suppose a Custom 24 should satisfy this requirement, too. Or, what the hell... why not one of each!)

I dig it! A Custom 22 in a very "PRS" color should be standard equipment in everyone's arsenal.

(Edit: well, I suppose a Custom 24 should satisfy this requirement, too. Or, what the hell... why not one of each!)
The funny thing is... I thought I was buying a Custom 24! :eek: The hang tag had "Custom 24" written on it (but the rest of the info was correct), and I was going back and forth between this like-new 10 top in Matteo blue, and a 2006 Cu24 player in dark blue. My current PRS's are both 22-fretters - a McCarty and an SE CU22 - so this guitar felt "exactly right". I think this was a happy mistake. Since it's a gift for our 25th anniversary, I do need to track down a 25th Anniversary truss rod cover for it.

Withhold sex. That'll teach her. That's what I did with my wife. Sure, she puts on a brave front and pretends she's happy with the situation, but I know she's suffering.

“Well, then I’m not showering until June!”
Try that one!:p:D

Depending on which one of these two brilliant strategies you choose, the other one may decide itself for you.

Brian’s guitars is great! I never even saw that one on the website. Lucky man
First time going to his store - must not go there again! :rolleyes: I actually thought I'd stop by to pick out a Silver Sky. That place is jammed full of astounding gear. When you have a whole wall dedicated to private stocks, you mean business. Brian actually remarked that this guitar wasn't on their website, but so were a few other used guitars not up on the website either - I guess I got lucky. We obviously don't discuss prices here, but I was floored by the (relatively low) price of this guitar - on Reverb, it would have been at least 30% more. An all-round super-positive experience.

I made a trade with Brian's once and it was flawless.

Back