So it begins.

nosidamde

Taco Flavored Kisses
In an effort to help make live pedal switching smoother, I've started working on switching my pedalboard over to MIDI. I ordered a custom Control Switcher cable from Voodoo today, required to work with my Archon, as well as the actual Voodoo Labs Control Switcher from Sweetwater. If anyone has any words of wisdom they could share with me regarding MIDI, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm hoping by the time this project is done I'll no longer look like this on stage...

RI1fPhB.gif

After the custom cable and Control Switcher land I'm either going to order a Voodoo Labs Pedal Switcher/Commander combo or the Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro/GCX. I'm still unsure.

I almost forgot, here is my current pedalboard. I'm going to be adding a few more effects by the time it's all over; such as another spark pedal, chorus, and reverb at bare minimum.

S6PFx5r.jpg

I have no words of wisdom, but that's a sweet looking pedalboard.

I also love Fred Astaire.

It won't look like that on stage... It'll be bigger!

I had the GCX thingy back when they were called Digital Music Corp. and it worked well, if not a little archaic to program, but I'm sure they've got a PC editor for it now.

I have no words of wisdom, but that's a sweet looking pedalboard.

I also love Fred Astaire.

Thank you sir. I'm not sure if you're referring to the board itself or the placement... The board is from Brady Cases, my second one from him. He makes good stuff. It looks a little messier than usual tbh. :flute:

It won't look like that on stage... It'll be bigger!

I had the GCX thingy back when they were called Digital Music Corp. and it worked well, if not a little archaic to program, but I'm sure they've got a PC editor for it now.

I understand the look and amount of hardware will change, and space will become more of a premium. I'm willing to mount the power supply, and possibly anything else underneath, to make everything fit on this board.

Wondering if anyone could help me sort out an issue that knows MIDI pretty well. I posted in the Voodoo Lab forum but no one has replied over night and customer service probably won't get back to me till Monday.

I purchased a Control Switcher and PX8. The PX8 preset mode is working great for the loops, however, I must be missing an obvious step to get my Control Switcher to change my head channels when I program the PX8 preset.

Running an Archon (with custom 5 pin MIDI Voodoo Lab cable) --> Control Switcher Multi plug

Control Switcher MIDI IN --> PX8 MIDI out

Would I need to plug something into one of the 1/4 channels on the Control Switcher? I found this video on YouTube where the guy is showing off the Control Switcher but doesn't explain where that 1/4 jack plugged in goes to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNw-Wf3tQTA

Any help would greatly be appreciated! I've been going through the manual but a lot of this is way over my head.

Just got off the phone with Voodoo Labs tech support, got it sorted out. I'm going to make a video to help the next person out there who tries this combo. If anyone has any questions due to the same setup or similar, feel free to ask for help.

Now it's time to tear it down and rebuild with the MIDI controls!

Sorry I missed this. I have the control switcher. Not familiar with the PX-8 at all though. Don't know how much help I would've been anyway, I'm not great with MIDI stuff. I gotta pull up manuals every time I need to do anything with my rig regarding it. I honestly don't like all the crap involved in my rig. I've learned out of necessity to accomplish what I need to do. The folks at Voodoo are pretty awesome for support in my experience. Glad you got it sorted out. Will watch for the vid, interested to see you rig once you get it all done. I want to rework some stuff with mine but I have neither the time or energy to deal with it now. Maybe during my winter "break".

Back