So I got a great deal on an S2 standard 22...this makes 3!!

Russ73

Now they all have different pickups and this one will have the 58/15 S I believe as it's a 22...what can I say I don't really dig anything else outside of PRS that's being offered in that price range right now...its black btw and I wanted to spice it up with a new pickguard as I have a black/black S2 Mira and a Charcoal satin/black Vela...suggestions are welcome...im thinking white pearloid !

Yes, S2’s rule. I have the same guitar in red satin. I think the 58/15s pickups are great. Can’t say that about the #7s or the 85/15s though. Found the 85/15s very mid heavy. I replaced the 85/15 s with a set of TV Jones pickups. Can’t decide what I am going to replace the #7’s in my S2 Singlecut Semi-hollow with yet though.

Last edited:
S2s are a SUPER value, especially the Satin ones. I am one that loves everything about it, even the way it wears. ( especially when I see some factory “aging”). And if you are into modding, rock on….I love my S2 as much as any of my guitars.

S2s are a SUPER value, especially the Satin ones. I am one that loves everything about it, even the way it wears. ( especially when I see some factory “aging”). And if you are into modding, rock on….I love my S2 as much as any of my guitars.

Where did you see pics of the factory aged satin finish? Or just naturally worn examples? I’ve only seen one pic of a beat up satin finish and it looked like the finish had just flaked off.

Sorry, that was confusing. I have never seen a factory “aged “finish in Satin, I just meant relic guitars in general.

Back