So I did a little road trip yesterday. Private Stock Style

south89

photo4_zps3fb1c642.jpg

Not a very long drive and well worth it . So I get to the factory and walk in to meet with Brian ( Brian's Guitars ) and Paul Miles and they take me up to " The Room " or you can call it the wood library. I can't remember how many times I said this is like being a kid in a candy store.

P1040210_zpsb1bded93.jpg

So we talk and for a little about what I want to do for my first Private Stock and I just said I want the top to be unique. So Brian said ok well start looking ( kind of overwhelming at this point ). Everyone is pulling wood a putting tops on the table and then this got pulled.
P1040208_zpsc795aef7.jpg

I tried to keep looking for more tops but this one definately just kept coming out as the winner. So here is the final kit all layed out on the table.
photo1_zpsa281de57.jpg

This thing is gonna be a rock & roll MACHINE :rock: 24 frets of Honduran rosewood with a little brazilian sprinkled on top being brought to you by the way od some 59/09 goodness.

Oh boy that top is gonna be nuts!! You seeing any new colors that are inspiring?

Allow me to add a few more photos if you dont mind!
It was a pleasure Matt, thanks again for making the trip! This build is going to be really amazing, that top has so much figure that we couldnt capture in photos. I cant wait to see it with the stain on.

IMG_0578_zpsb35d2413.jpg

IMG_0577_zpsdb6aba8e.jpg

IMG_0576_zpsacc3b720.jpg

Nice! I can picture that with so many colors. Would be tough for me to decide on which one, but it sounds like you have a plan.

A number of people scoring their first PS lately. Excellent selections. That top is out of control.

Color? Inlays?

All I can say as far as the color is that it won't be the frostbite like I was thinking because Paul M. said that because of the top that finish wouldn't look right and who am I to not trust what Paul says. The inlays are apparently a newer material that they got in that is going to match up up with my color pretty good I think. But I have to leave something to the imagination:flute::D:D

Last edited:
Holy isht... Pants = changed :rock:

If that was my guitar, that top would be screaming for one of the new "glow" or "glow burst" finishes. But any way you slice it, that top is just a friggin' monster!!!

That one is very deserving of a glow or Dragon's Breath finish!

Honduran with a Brazzy FB. I have one in the oven with the same combo. There is something special about those Honduran blanks when you pick'em up, hold 'em, tap'em...you know it's gonna be good!!

All I can say as far as the color is that it won't be the frostbite like I was thinking because Paul M. said that because of the top that finish wouldn't look right and who am I to not trust what Paul says. The inlays are apparently a newer material that they got in that is going to match up up with my color pretty good I think. But I have to leave something to the imagination:flute::D:D

So that's how it's gonna be?! :tongue:

That one is very deserving of a glow or Dragon's Breath finish!

Honduran with a Brazzy FB. I have one in the oven with the same combo. There is something special about those Honduran blanks when you pick'em up, hold 'em, tap'em...you know it's gonna be good!!

Digging it. Taking notes.

Great selections!!

Will be a killer guitar.

Glad to see so many Forum members doing Private Stocks. They are worth every penny!

Back