So, how was your day?

JustRob

Zombie Six, DFZ
Mine? "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Been stoked about my 1st trip to the vault. Wife went away on a cruise and I was going to build a guitar. Everybody's happy. The wife even left me instructions on how to feed the dogs and paper with all the locations and quantities of food in the house. Sweet girl (or she thinks I'm a moron who can't feed himself).

So, the Blood Brothers are in house, it was an epic pre-build night closing down Bridges and midnight mischief on Kent Island. Come home and sleep and off to the build!

Not so fast....

Our older dog, Otis, a rescue of 14-16 years old, starts having seizures at 7AM. It is BAD! Race to the vet only to confirm the type of bad prognosis I expected. They believed his behavior and age was consistent with a brain tumor. I had to make the call to let Otis go.

R.I.P. "Oats"

5fe79a38644db6b9fc7cb38a70f5ae77_zps57e4d66d.jpg

At this point I really want to thank JFB, Vchizzle, Brian, Tina and Paul for being so understanding. It was a tough drive to Kent Island for me and my son. Building the guitar really took me away from the heartache and the misery to come of breaking this to my wife.

The Private Stock experience really is magic, and provided me some needed therapy

15 years for Otis...that's a good run.
Glad you didn't prolong the suffering like a lot of folks do.
It hurts to let em go. . No way around it. Time will heal and keep him in your memories.

condolences my friend. 14-16 yrs of wonder "good dog" and "bad dog" memories to relive.

Rob,

I was crushed this morning. You and the JustCrew are family and that most certainly extends to Oatis and Lady. I hope you find some comfort in catching this when we did. It was great being at The Vault with you and am glad to hear it was therapeutic.

RIP Oatis!!!

<3
JFB

Aww.. Man! So sorry to hear that, Rob.

I know it isn't much consolation, but I'm sure Otis had the best life with the JustFamily. I only had a day or two pretending to be your son, and it was Ultra-Bangin'!

So sorry again Rob. Im really glad you could still make it and it was great hanging out. We were all feelin' for you guys!

Sorry to hear that, Rob. It hurts no matter what.

My best wishes and condolences to you and your family.

Last edited:
Oh man sorry to hear that Rob. Weird coincidence but my partner gave birth to our son (we didn't know it was a boy) on Saturday.

Guess what his name is? Otis.

(not because of Otis Redding BTW)

I wasn't going to post this until I saw this thread (and guys, please don't detail this one :))

Sorry to read the bad news. My wife's dog was around the same age with an ear infection. We cleaned his ears and found him in the garage two hours later already gone. It was two weeks before Xmas. One day, we should share "Bad Dog" stories.

Thanks guys. I'm not a big fan of depressing posts but I knew this morning a lot of friends were going to be asking "how was it?", and I'm still not sure there's any short answer.

Otis could be whiny, annoying and noisy but he was family and we're going to miss him.

Thanks guys. I'm not a big fan of depressing posts but I knew this morning a lot of friends were going to be asking "how was it?", and I'm still not sure there's any short answer.

Otis could be whiny, annoying and noisy but he was family and we're going to miss him.

Thanks for sharing such a personal family note...there's never a short answer, because pets like that are family...sorry for your loss.

My condolences, Rob. Pets are definitely family and have a special place in all of our hearts.

Sorry for your loss. Better it happens quickly than over a prolonged period of time. Sounds like your visit to the vault was therapeutic.

FYI - It is 5:30AM here and our 70lb dog is waking (barking) up the neighborhood:eek: Coyotes nearby....

Rob, thanks so much for everything. It's more appreciated than you know. I'm glad it turned out to be a positive experience despite the circumstances. My meeting with the big O was brief. Could tell he was a good dog cause he didn't trust me or Jesse for nothin'! :) But, he led a good, long life after you guys rescued him. Here's to JustOtis! :beer:

Here I thought because a leaky nozzle spilled gasoline on my arm on the way to work, my day was starting off poorly. I have washed it four times and still smell petroleum while sitting here working. However, I did not wake up to my dog having brain seizures, so in relative terms, things are OK. I am sorry that you lost your dog, but 14-16 years is a heck of a run for any dog, so you're a lucky dude to have spent such good times with him.

Back